58. Rose

I was wakened up with the smell of my favorite breakfast, choco-chip pancakes

I was wakened up with the smell of my favorite breakfast, choco-chip pancakes. I opened my eyes was graced with a sight of shirtless Eros carrying a tray with pancakes, vanilla shake, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a red rose.

"Morning, Amor," he said as soon as he saw me looking at him. He kissed my head and sat beside me on the bed.

I sat up while grasping the duvet up to cover my naked body. While he adjusted the tray in a way where it was placed before us.

"Hey, now don't go all shy on me." he joked when he saw that I adjusted the duvet.

I glared at him and soon it melted into a smile when I looked at the breakfast. My stomach growled in appreciation.

I got up and tried to take the duvet along with me to cover my body but it wouldn't budge as Eros was sitting on it as well. I gave up and sat down again. Eros chuckled at my misery. He folded his arms behind his head and watched me in amusement.

I narrowed my eyes at him and demanded "Close your eyes, I want to go to the bathroom"

"No. I won't. Don't worry I saw everything last night and I loved it. Don't be so shy now, Amelia" he teased me.

"Close your eyes now" I ordered him more sternly.

"Or what?" his eyes full of mischief.

"Or the breakfast will get cold" I replied.

"So what I'll reheat them"

I glared at him. "If you will not then I'll make sure what happened last night won't happen again" I threatened him.

He chuckled and said "We both know that threat is weak and untrue. You cannot keep your hands away from me" And at this comment, Selene said in my mind "True. We can't"

"But let's not keep your stomach waiting for food anymore," he said and closed his eyes whilst keeping a hand over his eyes.

I took a deep breath and first slowly than hurriedly took long steps towards our wardrobe to take some clothes as I was just about to walk inside the bathroom, Eros sighed and said "Oh, I do love that cute butt of yours" I squealed in surprise and ran inside the bathroom.

"You cheated" I yelled from inside the bathroom at him.

"No, I didn't. I don't need to see it to imagine it. I can still remember that butt of yours and-" I cut him off and said "Hey shut up" I blushed.

After calming myself down, I washed my face and put on some clothes. 

We both talked and completed breakfast in bed, he didn't let any chance to make me blush and smile.

I looked at him and thought how in the world did I get so lucky to have such a thoughtful, amazing, and loving partner who would become my mate, my supporter, my King.

He interrupted my thoughts by asking "What are you thinking?"

"I am thinking about how blessed I am to have him. Moon Goddess gave me the best mate out there." I caressed his cheek and continued "Eros, you have been so thoughtful, so loving. Sometimes I feel that I don't get too many opportunities to prove it but Eros and Bryce, I love you. I love you both so much. You have become my everything, my world, my King. If it weren't for you I might have died, died without feeling loved, or even knowing how to love back. You taught me and I am so so grateful. Thank you, Eros, for being my King in shining armor." I voiced my thoughts out loud to him.

His eyes were almost teary. He kissed me lovingly and said "Amelia, baby. You are my everything. You have made me a better man, a better king. I love you, Amelia and Selene, you too. I love you both more than words can describe."

"Well, that was very emotional." We both said at the same time and then laughed.

The rest of the morning and early noon was spent with us cuddling and watching a movie.

For lunch we ate together with the pack, I even helped in cooking. After that, we went to Eros' office. Today I was going to do paperwork along with Eros.

I sat on a maroon couch situated opposite the desk where Eros was sitting and working. He had handed me a bunch of papers in regard to new members for security or for people visiting our pack. While he went through matters in our pack.

I was bored looking at names and their biodata. Seth Rollins - approve, Lea Brown - approve. And so on. I looked at Eros and he had these glasses which made him look hotter. He was so into his work he didn't realize I was staring at him. His right hand had a pen and would frequently write something after reading whatever was in the paper. When he was in deep concentration, he would bite his lip unconsciously. I was now full-on ogling on him.

And it was stopped when someone barged into the office. It was Bren.

He looked frantic and worried. "Eros, I have something very important to tell you."

"What happened, Bren?" Eros asked him.

"A pack member was killed and this note was stuck to his chest." He answered and handed Eros the note which I joined him to read it.

"Hello, King.

I hope you are well. I heard you finally had your Queen beside you, I must say she is a beauty. But how long will she stay with you? Sorry but no sorry that I killed one of your pack members, I assure you more will be killed very soon. Two months. That's all you have before I attack your kingdom. Be grateful I am giving you a warning. Be ready. See you soon.

- Julius, The Vampire King.