26. I'm his mate

Previously on The King's Queen :

"What are you doing, Eros?" I said and covered my eyes.

"Open your eyes sweetheart. I'm showing you that what I said was true and unless and until you see with your own eyes, you won't believe it so see," he said gently and removed my hands from my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes and saw he was in his boxers. I blushed furiously after checking out his body. He took a few steps back and the air around us started to fill with the popping sound of bones. My eyes remained wide and so did my mouth.

Opposite to me was a reddish-brown huge wolf when I said huge I mean little more heightened than a horse. The wolf was easily towering me and I had to crane my head up to look at him or more like still staring him wide-eyed. His eyes were the foresty green which was the exact same as the pair of eyes I have started loving, the color of Eros' eyes which were now in this wolf's. The reality hit me that Eros wasn't lying, he really is a werewolf. But, how? It's completely insane. Involuntary, I took a few steps back and my eyes clouded with fear by seeing such a gigantic, dangerous yet beautiful looking creature. And in return the wolf or I should say, Eros, whined loudly after seeing me taking some steps back. He slowly sat down and leaned his head on his paws while still staring at me.

I looked at him, waiting for him to do something or more like killing me but he just blankly stared at me while I did the same. I don't know how much time passed as we looked at each other but then I decided that he wouldn't hurt me so I slowly, very slowly started walking towards him. He still didn't move except his eyes which were following my every single movement.

Just when I reached him I said "Eros, is that you?" I asked gently. And the wolf nodded his big head. "You won't hurt me, right?" I asked fearfully. He whined and shook his head, I sighed in relief.

Very slowly and carefully I placed my hand on his head, slow enough to not startle him. I rubbed his head and a sound erupted from him which sounded like a purr and I chuckled. Gaining confidence, I ran my hand through the side of his head and he leaned into my hand, I smiled at him.

I continued to pet him for a while and then said "Eros can you shift into a human, please. I want to talk to you." he nodded and I took a few steps back to give him space. The popping of bones sounded again and in front of me stood Eros, a very naked Eros. I blushed furiously while trying my level best to not let my eyes wander down and when he noticed this he let out a deep chuckle which made a small shiver ran through my spine, a good shiver.

He finally decided to spare me and turned around, which made me look at his firm back, I'm sure I resembled a tomato. He walked ahead and I continued to ogle at his backside. And then he bent down and removed shorts from a hole in a tree.

"Now, you can ask whatever you want to," he said after he was dressed in shorts and a T-shirt.

"Umm, I want to know everything about werewolves," I replied hesitantly. He nodded.

"I'm going to start from the very beginning, the story of the birth of werewolves. Okay?" I nodded and he started the story.

"Thousands of years before, when there wasn't much of the human population but few groups or tribes. There was a big tribe in America who were living peacefully and their civilization was much more than other tribes. A new tribe entered into their territory from somewhere near England. They were jealous of what this tribe had and so they wanted to have their land as well as their knowledge. They asked their land to be hand over to them but the native tribe denied as they were born and had the place for a hundred years. The other tribe couldn't bear this and in jealousy and hatred, they started attacking people and stole their food and other necessities. They crossed the limit when on a full moon night, they killed the tribe leader's young son and wife in front of the leader" he stopped when he heard my gasp and he held my hand in his and continued the story,
"Apart from being peaceful, knowledgeable, they were also a huge devotee of god so after the enemy tribe killed their leader's son and wife. They chanted god's name more specifically nature goddess. She somehow appeared in front of then when the moon was on its highest point. They begged her to help them as they were peaceful they didn't want to fight but the condition was very worst and the goddess blessed the whole remaining tribe a power to change into a wolf whenever they desired. So in this way werewolves came into existence. The tribe's leader is my ancestor." he finished it. I grasped everything he said. Then I remembered someone calling him alpha and I asked him.

"Alpha is the leader of a tribe or now called a pack. With Alpha his mate, pack's Luna, rules and leads the pack. Next comes Beta or second in command who helps the alpha and Luna and leads the pack when they both are not available. In our pack, Bren is the Beta and Macy his mate is the Female Beta. Then the third in command or Gamma who sees that Alpha's orders are followed properly and helps in other things. Who is Jack"

"That means you are the alpha?" I asked him.

"Yes, I am alpha of Silver Moon pack," he said proudly.

"What is a mate?"

"Mate is what you can call a soul mate. They are the other halves of us. Without them we are nothing. They keep us calm otherwise we could give onto our wolves and become just like a complete animal with no human side. After we meet them it's almost impossible to stay away from them. Their touch calms us, their smell is most the amazing and addicting smell the had ever smelt. Just their presence could make them complete, satisfied. After meeting her you cannot find any other women remotely attractive, for you only she matters and nothing else. If they die then so does their other half, most of the time." he explained and I cannot ignore the way his eyes lit up. To think about any other female touching him, being with him made me angry.

"Have you found your mate?" I finally asked him.

"Yes." and here breaks my heart and he was completely oblivious to it and continued "She is the most beautiful female I've ever seen. She is so brave. I'm proud of her. I'm so glad to have her in my life and I couldn't ask for anyone or anything else" now I'm so close to letting my tears go. But I controlled it and rather sniffed a bit which caused his attention, he looked confused at first then the realization came. I stood up and started to go away when he stopped me and said, "And her name is Amelia Queens " he declared adoringly. I stopped and stood frozen. He was talking about me. I'm his mate.

I turned around and said "Really?" and he nodded in reply. I ran into his arms and hugged him tightly.

--------
Sorry if this chapter was not good enough. I'm very sleepy, I had a very tiring day but I promised to update today so I did. I was literally about to sleep while writing, it's 1 am here.

Thankyouu for reading. If you liked this chapter then hit the little star to vote. Comments are always welcomed. I love you all! ❤