44. Heat

I have to admit that I am doing a pretty bad job of keeping my promise after that letter arrived

I have to admit that I am doing a pretty bad job of keeping my promise after that letter arrived. As I think about it, it feels I am still reliving that moment.

*Flashback*

I was talking with Selene when all of sudden Eros entered and after looking that I am fine, he sighed in relief.

"Eros, what happened? Why are you so tensed and worried?" I asked him, worry lacing my voice.

It looked like he wasn't going to tell me but at last, after seeing my expression, he said, "Samuel is going to war with us within two weeks."

I let it digest and then uttered, "How did you know about it?"

"A few minutes ago there was a breach in the southwest part and the guards over there were unconscious. Beside them I found a note saying that within two weeks he would war against us." he sighed.

I deep breathed and asked, "Can you show me the note?"

"Are you sure you want to read it?" he asked, worry evident in his voice. I nodded confidently or I hoped was confident. He handed me the note.

I read it carefully.

I hope you liked my way of giving this note. I just want to remind you that if you do not hand my daughter back to me within next week then be ready. Because I and my army of rogues would not only have her but also destroy your precious packhouse.

- S. S

*Flashback over*

Shrugging the memory, I cuddled up with Eros and tried to forget about that letter which I read today. And soon I was asleep.

"Wake up, Amelia. Wake up, love." A voice woke me up. I tried to ignore it and sleep. But the voice continued and then stopped. I almost sighed in relief. But soon I have lifted it and a sound of surprise escaped me. I opened my eyes and saw Eros holding me with a smug smirk on his face.

I slapped his chest and said, "Where are you taking me?"

"To the bathroom, of course. You need to freshen up so we could go for training." I huffed after he put me down in the bathroom.

He pecked my lips and went. I freshened up and joined him down.

After eating an apple we went to train.