PART 8: | DANCING WITH THE DEVIL |

When Kol wake up he lifted himself into a sitting position and sat on the edge of the bed. He moved his gaze towards the night stand and saw a letter that was on it. He picked it up and saw that the letter is from his mother. He opened it and read it, just before Natali woke up when she felt that he wasn't lying in the bed anymore.

- Natali half opened her eyes, looking towards him, "What is that?" she asked with a sleepy voice.

- "Mother sent me a letter." Kol informed her.

- "And?" Natali questioned wanting to know more.

- Kol looked at her before answering, "She wants us to come back home."

- Natali raised her eyebrows, "Us?"

- "Yes." Kol nodded, "She specifically said to bring you too. And our family is throwing a ball tonight."

- "Oh, wonderful." Natali says in a flat tone, "Klaus will be there."

- "She also promised that Klaus won't touch you or me." Kol told her.

- Natali let out a chuckle of disbelief, "Right. Well if we're going we'll take one gold dagger with us. Just in case."

- "Of course. We need to be prepared." Kol said before he leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

After Natali picked up her dress, the two of them went to Mikaelson's mansion to prepare for the ball. Esther has decided what a better way for them to celebrate becoming a family again then with a glorious ball.

- "Rebekah?" Kol spread his arms, smirking proudly at his sister from the reflection on the mirror, "Tell me how handsome I am." he said, while the tailor was putting last finishing touches on his suit. Rebekah and Natali sat behind him on the couch, while manicure was painting their nails.

- Rebekah looked up from admiring her nails and sighed, "Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled."

Finn, whose suit was being adjusted, looked up and grinned in amusement, as did Elijah.

- Klaus laughs while walking into the room, "He can't even compel his girlfriend to tell him that." he mocked.

- "He doesn't need to compel me." Natali told him.

- "Darling, just ignore his provocative comments." Kol told her, taking a seat on the armrest of the chair.

- Klaus looked at him, "Go back to staring at yourself." he snapped.

- "And who are you, my father?" Kol shot back.

- "No, Kol." Klaus said walking towards him, a dangerous expression on his face, "But you're in my house-"

- Kol stood up challengingly, stepping up to Klaus, "Then perhaps we should take it outside." he suggested.

The two of them stared at each other, glowering, bodies just inches apart from what would result in a fight if Esther didn't step into the room, "Enough!" she said with a loud tone, "Niklaus, come." she demanded.

Klaus glared at Kol for a brief moment before walking away towards his mother, and Kol turned around watching him with an amused smirk that appeared on his face.

- "So much for ignoring his provocative comments." Natali remarked.

- "Kol must get on his nerves every chance he gets." Elijah stated.

- "Oh, brother." Kol sighed sitting down on the couch next to Natali and throwing his arm around her shoulder, "I have to be the one to stir up some fun here."