Chapter 3 - Vanish

Lily Dornan

"What?" I was at a loss of words.

This hot and handsome specimen wants to marry me.

He sure is rich as hell and is fairly handsome too. He will get any woman for himself.

Why me?

"Yes, Lily I want to marry you." He said calmly.

"Sorry Carter, you sure are a nice guy but I can't marry you. I don't know you enough." I tried to explain him.

"It's a contract.Allow me to explain. How about we have a walk in the park nearby and I make you understand all of it?" He asked as he stood up.

I nodded my head in agreement.

He paid at the cafè and we went to the park.

"So, as you know I have a company called 'Fashion and the City'. Your dad, Alexander Dornan, has a debt on him. We gave him 2 months of time but he failed to pay back. He proposed the marriage of your sister, Rihanna and I at my office the other day. After he left, I did a background search on him and came to know that you are too his daughter. Honestly, I don't like Rihanna at all and instead of her, I would like to accept your hand in marriage. I'm sorry but your sister is a stuck up bitch with hell lot of attitude."

He finished leaving me stunned.

"Think about it. You have a chance to not only prove your love for your father but also to escape the hell hole you live in."

Actually he's right.

I have always been trying to find a chance where by I can prove that I love my father. If I say yes to this marriage maybe my father will start loving me. Maybe he will shower me with his blessings instead of curse. Moreover he's my father, the least I can do is help him.

"Fine. I'll marry you." I said and his face lit up with a smile.

He pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him in response.No matter what, this man definitely has an effect on me which is undeniable.

"But, will my father accept my marriage to you instead of Rihanna?" I said once we broke the hug.

"Leave it up to me Flower." He said and caressed my cheek.

"You are truly as beautiful as a flower." He said and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I blushed furiously. This is actually the first time anyone as ever said that I was beautiful.

I haven't had boyfriends before because no one wanted a broken girl as a girlfriend but this man standing in front of me wants me to be his wife.

I know it's an arrangement but still he chose me over the ever beautiful Rihanna Dornan.

We talked a little while walking simultaneously. After a while we sat at a nearby bench.

"Is it true that you are in Mafia?" I asked and he smirked as an answer.

"No Flower, I am the Mafia." He said leaving me stunned.

"No need to fear me. You're going to be my wife and I am not hiding anything from you. I am a Mafia man but I don't kill innocent people. I give death as a reward to only those who deserve it. I am not into selling drugs or girl or any sort of creep things. We just deal in guns and some important artefacts which are of great worth in international market."

I nodded as his words sink in.

"What will be my work as your wife? I mean what am I suppose to do?"

"Well, I don't expect you to do all household work because I got maids for that. I'll talk to your dad tomorrow evening and you'll shift with me after that tomorrow itself. If you want to pursue any hobby, you may but don't think of getting a job."

"Why?"

I have to continue my work at the cafè.

"Well flower, I have enough money to support us in a hundred lives. You are going to be Mrs. Carter Woodwords. You will be having enough money to buy whatever you think of. Necessary or not."

"But what's the problem in working in the cafè?"

"Your uniform." He stated calmly.

"Huh?"

"It exposes your legs on which men stare shamelessly. I can't stand people seeing what's mine."

I blushed at his words.

I'm his.

I gave him a smile which he returned.

"Tell me about yourself. You know basic things about me but I don't know anything about you."

"Well, I'm a Mafia Man and also am the CEO of 'Fashion and the city'. I live at the Pericoloso Mansion and am a part of Pericoloso too. Along with me, Evan Stalin lives there. He is my childhood friend and is like my brother." He informed me.

"Okay."

We sat there till it was 6:30. Thankfully, Rihanna has a party to attend so she won't complain dad about me coming late.

Carter offered to drop me off. I nodded as response.

We sat in his expensive Audi A8.

He quickly drove to my house.

Well, I didn't ask him how he knows my address because he admitted he did a background check on dad. He definitely has some basic information about me too.

The car stopped in front of the house. Before I do, he came to my side and opened my door.

He offered me a hand and smiled.I took his hand and stepped out of the car. I gave him a smile and looked into his gorgeous blue eyes.

He too kept staring at my warm chocolate brown ones.

"Thank You." He stated breaking a silence of solid 2 minutes between us.

"Why?" I asked as my eyebrows touched.

"For accepting the proposal." He stated and kept a hand on my waist.

The single touch resulted in tingles erupting on my skin. His touch was warm and comfortable.

I smiled up at him.

He leaned down and left a small kiss on my right check. His simple gesture left me blushing furiously.

He flashed me a last smile. He sat in the car and drove away.

I made my way in the house with a smile on my lips which was not ready to vanish.