Chapter 22 - Papers

Carter Woodwords

I know that you guys want to know my thoughts about the conversation I had with mom 2 days ago but honestly I don't even want to think about it. When I clearly denied divorcing Lily, she argued a lot but then jut gave up. She still hopes that I will comply with her but she can't be more wrong.

Why will I divorce my wife? That woman brings me immense happiness. The kind of relief and peace I feel when I'm around her is something I have never experienced before. Even in a room full of people, presence of the soul that I crave is only and only my Flower.

The mere thought of her being distant from me is so so fatal. I have been through the darkest phases this earth has to offer to a person but the kind of grave feeling I get when I think of her being away from me is something else. Something I never want to experience.

I have come upon to love every flaw in her to the extent I don't even see them now. Her flaws don't even exist for me. She completes me and I love her with every single flaw in her.

"Sir, we've reached." The driver said pulling me out of my trance.

I exited the car and walked into the Mansion.

I walked into the kitchen but it was empty. There were only 2 maids doing dishes. The food was already prepared considering it was 8 at night.

I fetched a glass of water and walked up to my room.

I opened the door expecting Lily to sit on her side of the bed and write something in her book and taking notice of my presence come up to me and give me a kiss on the cheek greeting me with her million dollar smile but the room was empty.

I went to the closet but she wasn't even there.

I changed into casual clothes and walked into the bathroom. She wasn't there either. I washed my hands and face and wiping them with a towel, I walked out of my room.

I went to the theatre room that's in the Mansion. She wasn't even there. She watches some movies in there in her free time but today wasn't the day.

I walked into the the gym at the Mansion.

Sometimes she works out in the evening if she does not accompany me here in the morning. She wasn't here either.

Now I started panicking a little.

I walked in the garden where she sometimes sits and watches the sky, flowers , the pond or the stars but she wasn't there either.

I walked into the living room to find Anna, Katherine, Liam and Ian there. Anna, Katherine and Liam were busy watching something on the tv while Ian was sitting next to Anna with an arm around her waist. Ian was typing something on his phone but kept it down when I approached them. Similarly, Anna switched the tv off when I walked in.

"Has anyone seen Lily?" I asked as I sat on the couch next to Katherine.

Everyone replied negative.

"I searched for her at all places she could be. Where is she?" I questioned looking at them.

"She was with Emma today at around 11. Ask Emma if she knows about her." Anna suggested.

"Okay."

I walked up to Emma's room. I knocked and a soft 'come in' was heard.

"Hey Emma." I said as I entered her room.

She was standing in front of her mirror brushing her hair.

"How do I look?" She asked as she kept the brush down, walked towards me a little and twirled for me to see her dress.

It was a lemon yellow sundress with small faint blue ice like print on it.

"Very gorgeous." I said smiling.

"Thanks. Any reason for your special visit?" She fetched a small clutch and wore her heels.

"Yes actually. Have you seen Lily anywhere? I searched whole of the house but she isn't here."

"No but I think Sonia maybe visited in the afternoon."

"Okay. Thanks."

.

.

.

.

"If it isn't Sonia Edwards." I said as Sonia opened the door to her house.

"Carter Woodwords. My least favourite friend." She joked as she pulled me into a friendly hug.

We walked towards the living room and had a seat. The maids served us both with a glass of juice just when Samuel walked in.

I stood up and we shared a friendly hug.

"So, what brings you here, mate?" Sam asked as we both had a seat.

"I actually came by to fetch Lily."

"She isn't here." Sam said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah, But, Sonia stopped by at our house this afternoon."

"Yes I did but left after some time. Alone." Sonia clarified.

"Then where is she?" Honestly I have started getting a little angry and a whole lot more worried.

"I'm headed home." I said getting up from the couch.

"We'll come too." Sam said and Sonia nodded.

We drove back to the Mansion and entered to find everyone sitting on the couch.

"Where is she?" Anna question getting up from her place.

"I don't know." I said and dialled Jeremy's number. Jeremy is the person who is responsible for the protection of the Pericoloso Mansion and its members. We have chips installed in our mobiles.

"Find Mrs. Woodwords' current location." I ordered.

"Yes, boss." I heard Jeremy speak. I cut the call thereafter.

"She was with me but I left alone today. She didn't come with me." Sonia said.

"Please have a seat." Emma offered a seat to Sam and Sonia.

I jogged up to my room.

I walked into her closet and saw almost all her clothes were here except the one she owned before marriage.

I opened a drawer and saw a letter there along with some papers and her Wedding Ring.

What the fuck? Where is she?

Others entered the room shortly and walked into the closet.

"What are those papers in your hand?" Evan asked.

"These are DIVORCE PAPERS which are already signed by Lily." I said as the feelings of anger, grief, hurt and betrayal filled me.