Chapter 6 - Joking

Lily Dornan

Carter opened the door to a servant, holding my bags in his hands.

"Good Evening Sir, Good Evening Ma'am." He said as he simultaneously nodded his head towards me and Carter.

Carter didn't reply but I gave him a small smile.

"Here." Carter signalled towards the couch which was near the bed. The servant placed my bags near it and then left the room.

Now that I see, the room is quiet big. I hadn't notice it before as I was talking with Carter. The room is absolutely gorgeous. It had a big king sized bed and a big walk-in closet. The room had a big tv screen mounted in the wall opposite to the bed. The bed's open end had a small couch on which you might sit and watch tv. On the right side of the bed, there was a large sitting area. It had plush sofa set of brown colour contrasting to the dark crème coloured walls. Near it was a big window almost covering the whole of the wall. It had another tv screen across it and the window had big curtains which were light brown. It had a big coffee table near it and then there were big double-doors on the left side of of the room, which I suppose was the bathroom. Overall, the room was absolutely anyone's dream.

Pair of strong arms encircled my waist and a familiar sandalwood smell enveloped me. I relaxed against Carter's chest and he pressed a small kiss on my neck.

"You liked the room?" He asked with his face buried in my neck, smelling my skin and hair. His voice was muffled but I still got what he said.

"No. I loved the room. It's absolutely gorgeous."

I said and Carter turned me around with his hands still wrapped around my waist. I kept my hands around his neck.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now let's continue where we left." He said and dipped his head down to kiss my neck again but I stopped him.

His smile turned to a frown and smiled looking at it.

"Dinner. Come on, I'm hungry." I said with a pouted.

He smiled and kissed my pout.

Did he just kiss me?

Of course, he did.

Oh My God.

'It was just a peck on your lips.' My inner conscience said.

'Shut Up!' I said to my conscience.

"I'm not hungry." Carter said.

"We still have the night." I don't know how but that just slipped out of my mouth. When I took notice of what I said my cheeks reddened immediately. I don't even know from where did that confidence came.

"Indeed." Carter said, his blue eyes darkening a little.

His eyes made me blush more and I once again hid my face in his chest. He laughed at me and I smiled and his chest vibrates due to his laugh. He had such beautiful laugh I tell you.

He kissed my cheek once again and then we both went downstairs to have our dinner.

Evan was already seated at the table and there were some other people too.

Two seats were empty. I obviously didn't knew which one is mine so I let Carter guide me. He pulled out a chair which was next to a man with dark blue eyes and brown hair. He looked a little similar to Carter except his eyes were a lot darker. Carter's eyes were fine blue while his were dull blue.

I sat on the chair and Carter took the seat on my right.

"Evening Everyone." Carter said and all of them either nodded or said : "Good Evening."

"This is Lily. My fiancé and to-be wife. Everyone knows Alexander Dornan, she's his eldest daughter."

"Hello." I said and everyone gave me a warm welcoming smile and murmured a 'hi' or 'hello'.

Carter introduces me to the people seated on the table.

The man next to me is Ian, who by the way is Carter's cousin and also Evan and Carter's childhood friend. The man siting opposite to Carter is Liam. He has Brown eyes and dark brown hair. He has a tattoo on his arm which reads 'I'm the One'. Then next to Ian was sitting Anna, who is younger sister to Evan. Next to Anna is Scott, gang member of Pericoloso. Next to Liam was Emma, younger sister to Evan and Anna. Evan is eldest of the three. Next to Emma is Alessandro who is also a gang member. Anna had blue eyes similar to Evan and Emma had grey eyes. Next to Alessandro was Marco. Marco was sitting between Alessandro and Emma. These were the people sitting at the table currently having dinner with us.

"You don't look like your father except for your hair." The man who sat across Carter who is Liam, I suppose spoke.

"I look more like my late mom but I got my hair from my father." I said an he smiled at me.

The rest of the dinner went very well with everyone having small chats with each other.

We exchanged some questions and I know some basic things about everyone. Anna and Emma will head back to their mother's house. They don't live here, sadly. But Evan said they could visit us more often now that I got friends in them.

The people seated at the table (minus Anna and Emma) live here at the Pericoloso Mansion. Again, they might be in Mafias but they are very good people by heart.

It was actually fun to be around so many people. I never had real friend in my life except Sam and Sonia. Moreover I was always bullied back in school for being nerdy. My school life wasn't interesting. And I never completed my post graduation. I'm just have a degree in English subject.

These people seem nice and I'll definitely love spending time with them.

After the dinner, I and Carter made our way towards the room. I wasn't that tired but still wanted to sleep. That bed definitely looked tempting.

I sound so weird. Scratch that.

We barely made it to the room when Carter pushed me against the door and locked it immediately.

He kept both his hand on either side of me and looked deep into my eyes.

I was taken aback by his actions and kept staring at his face.

His eyes were so beautiful. Did I mention that before? I guess I did.

"What are you doing, Carter?" My voice came out as a whisper. His eyes were sure intimidating. The sentence wasn't harsh it was quite gentle actually.

"Did you think I was joking when I agreed on the night still being left part?" I barely registered his words when his soft lips ended on mine.