Chapter 38 - My Family

Carter Woodwords

"I will kill you Carter Woodwords." I heard my beautiful, angry and heavily pregnant wife shout from the kitchen island.

Lily's on the last week of her 8th month and she is having the craziest cravings in the world. Apparently, she'll have pickles and peanut butter, cookies dipped in turmeric milk and then nachos with Nutella. Cringe worthy, right?

She's also craving a lot of Indian food. I've hired 2 Indian chefs for her who are just a call away. They can cook the best Indian food ever and surprisingly I have cultivated the taste for it too.

Today being Sunday, they are off duty and I'm making some Indian vegetable rice for which is called biryani. I'm using Google for the recipe and thanks to the chefs, turns out we have every single ingredient in the house.

"I'm fucking hungry. I want that goddam rice." She shouted again and I gave her a lopsided smile.

"I'm working on it, love."

She has been using so many profanities these days and has the worst leg pain. I do give her massages from time to time but she still complains about it.Katherine had a delivery just 5 months ago. Her and Evan had twins. A boy and a Girl. Adam and Rose Stalin. I'm genuinely happy for them. After whatever they went through together, they deserve a good life.

I talked to my mom too, about the back cramps and feet aches but she says it's very normal.

Talking about my Mom, I bought a fully furnished apartment for her here in the NYC. It's quite lavish and is just a 10 minutes drive from the Mansion. She too liked the idea and it also means we are not reminded of all the things which went down.

The rice was cooked and was smelling delicious.

I served us both and we started eating.

~ (3:00)

We are currently at the Doctor Weston's Clinic, for Lily's regular checkup.

As usual Lily laid on the bed and Weston spread some gel on her tummy.

He glided the machine across her stomach and suspiciously stopped at a point. He observed a point and his eyes widened for a while.

"What's wrong?" I asked but he didn't reply.

"Irene, will you please wipe the gel off Mrs. Woodwords for me? Carter let's have a talk.

He kept a hand on my shoulder and walked me out of the room.

"What's wrong Weston?"

"The baby apparently has got the umbilical cord, the organ which helps transfer food from the mother to the child, wind around it's neck. The Baby's movement has stopped due to it and it'll die in the womb itself if an emergency C-Section is not done within the span of 4 days. I thought about giving her some exercises initially but waiting might prove fatal for the baby in this case."

I gulped and let the information sink in.

"Is there any kind of danger to Lily during the operation?" I asked. Honestly I'm being a big jerk head and a massive insensitive person but all I want is for Lily to be alright. We can try for a thousand more babies but I can't lose her.

"There's only 10% chances for the baby to not survive considering we have discovered it pretty early. Lily will be safe and I assure you that." He kept a assuring hand on my shoulder.

"Go ahead with the C-Section." I said.

He immediately started working with the nurses.

I called my mom, Evan, Ian and Katherine. I didn't call everyone else because Weston said we should not make a lot of noise and all the people can't seriously keep their mouths shut. I mentally face palmed myself thinking about it. Only god knows why am I friends with them.

About 20-30 minutes later the operation actually started. Everyone were standing outside and I was in the operation room with the doctors. I and Lily had a little thought and with my insistence she agreed on getting the operation done. She doesn't want anything happening to the child. I and the doctors assured her that it's gonna be okay, so here we are.

The doctor checked a thousand things before finally putting a cut on Lily's stomach. Believe me when I say my heart was about to leap out of my chest. Seeing my wife's blood is something I couldn't bear. I've seen a lot of blood in my life but the tables turn when it's my own wife.

They carefully pulled the baby out of her and the nurse took the child to clean it off and to ensure he/she is okay. Those fuckers didn't even let me see it.

I sat down next to Lily and held her hand between my own. After about 15 minutes she woke up as the effect of anesthesia slowed down. I kissed her hand and offered her some water.

"How's the baby?" She asked and before I could answer Doctor Weston entered the room with the child wrapped in a white cloth.

"She's here. She's perfect." He announced before placing HER in my hands.

I have a daughter.

"Sara's here." I said and kissed my daughter's forehead.

"Give her to me." Lily said and took her in her arms before a couple tears rolled down her cheeks.

She is a mixture of I and Lily. She has Lily's brown hair and my blue eyes. She's quite fair and her skin was so soft. She has such chubby cheeks and had soft pink lips. She has her mother's button nose.

I hugged the both of them and just then the door opened and everyone silently walked in.

Once everyone were done congratulating us and playing with Sara, it was about 8:00 in the evening. Liam, Emma, Anna, Scott, Sonia, Sam and Cassandra dropped by to welcome the new family member and also bought some food for us all.

After a little bit of feeding, Sara went to sleep and so we were all sitting in Lily's room and were having dinner.

"We almost forgot, did you guys decide on a name?" Ian asked.

"Yup."

"Great. What's it gonna be?"

"I and Sonia had a deal when we were young that If we had babies of the same gender as us, we'll give them each other's middle name as their first name. I talked to Carter about it and he respects that." Lily informed.

"Okay, What is her name?" Emma question cause she seemed very excited.

"Sara Elizabeth Woodwords." I announced and everyone smiled.

(A/N : 'Sara' is Sonia's middle name. Later in the story, Sam and Sonia will too have a daughter first. They'll name her, Jenna Edwards as 'Jenna' is Lily's middle name.)

I kissed Lily's head.

"Thank you for completing my family." I said and she smiled back at me.