Chapter 34 - Home

P.S : Completely irrelevant but I just loved this song by Erika Costell.

Song Name : Thots Not Feelings.

Anyways, enjoy.

Carter Woodwords

> Andy

'She's in a park currently which is approximately 2 minutes from where you are.'

My phone pinged indicating a message from Andy. I'm currently in Boston. I landed 20 minutes ago and am searching for Lily. Andy is continuously giving me instructions on Lily's current location. She was walking before this and stopped about a minute ago . It's already raining and I think she must have taken shade in a park for until the rain stops. She had her final exam today. I'm very proud of her. She handled both pregnancy and college very well in an unknown place.

I'm also very guilty. I didn't even talked with my mother once Lily left. I don't want to get my mother's love by giving up on my wife. I'm not gonna think about everything that happened in the past. I definitely am going to apologise to her but ain't gonna remind her about anything. Evan just texted me that mom has finally accepted Lily and wants her to be back.

I've decided I'm gonna buy a new apartment for my mom in New York. I don't want her to stay with me and Lily, well if Lily says yes to come back. But I'm determined to bring her back. I'm gonna be there for my child.

Gosh, I still can't believe I'm gonna be a dad. I'm not at all mad at Lily for keeping that news from me. I've been a terrible husband to her. If I had been in her place, I would have kept this a secret too. I've promised myself that I'm gonna be the best father in the world to my child and an even better husband to Lily.

I'm gonna propose her once again to be my wife but marriage will, of course, take place after the child's birth.

I got out of the car once it was parked in front of the park.

> Andy

'She's in the left corner. Alone.'

I received another text from Andy and walked towards the farthermost left side. I saw my Flower, for the first time in 8 months and believe me when I say my heart nearly stopped.

There she was getting drenched in the rain. Her hair sticking to her body and her stomach beautifully round which my child. I smiled and quickly made my way towards the nearby shade where she had kept her bag. Well, there was a bag and I assume it was hers as there was literally no one in the park.

I hid myself behind a bar which was separating two sitting areas under the big shade.

I observed her as she was enjoying herself. She had a big belly now. Her skin glowed which was due to the pregnancy. She had her long brown hair down and was looking beautiful as ever. I fell in love with her once again.

> Andy

'Did you find her?'

> Carter

'Yes. I did.'

I quickly typed and diverted my attention towards Lily. A smile made it's way up to my lips without me noticing. My wife and my child.

She twirled for some more time and made her way towards her bag.

'Whoever says sunshine is happiness hasn't felt rain water on his skin.' She said as she sat on the bench.

"Still got the charm, Flower."

She stood up and faced me as now I was standing behind her. She looked in my eyes and I kept staring in her beautiful brown ones.

Lily Dornan

He was here.

Carter was here and standing in front of me.

He had grew more handsome or was it just me? He had small stubble growing on and was looking very hot in a pair of blue ripped jeans and white T-shirt. He knows I love it when he wears white.

"Carter."

I said as some tears started welling in my eyes.

"Hello Flower." He said as he cupped my face.

"Oh how I missed you. I'm very sorry for whatever you went through because of me. If you're wondering I'm not married. Not to Rachel not to anyone. How can I let someone else be 'Mrs. Carter Woodwords' when you were and will always remain the only one having that honour. I am very glad that I'm gonna be a dad. If you want for me to be or not, I'm gonna be there for my child. You look absolutely gorgeous carrying my child in your womb. I don't even know how am I so lucky to be here with you but I just want you to know that I always have, I do and will always love you. I LOVE YOU, MY FLOWER."

He finished as he wiped a tear which rolled down my eye.

"I don't want to you to rush or say that back to me cause honestly what I did doesn't deserve your forgiveness but..." He started but was cut off by my lips.

I tiptoed keeping my hands on his biceps and kissed him with all that was in me.

He's here and very much loyal. How can I not forgive him.

He wrapped his other hand around my waist and pulled me close but was careful of my bump. I smiled in the kiss and pulled him as close as possible.

I pulled away because of lack of breath.

I smiled at him and he returned it with a heartfelt one.

"But Carter what about your mom?" I said as a frown etched on my forehead.

"She wants to have her daughter-in-law back." He said as he connected his forehead with mine.

"Do you know the gender?" He asked looking at my bump.

"No. I want it to be a surprise."

"Can I keep a hand on your bump?" He asked hesitantly.

I took his hand and placed it on bump. The baby instantly kicked. He gladly widened eyes met mine and I smiled.

"Have you decide the name?"

"I've picked a final one for both a boy and a girl. We'll name him/her once he/she is born."

"I wanna hear the names." He demanded and I nodded.

"Sara Elizabeth..." I almost said 'Dornan' but stopped.

"Woodwords. Sara Elizabeth Woodwords." Carter sternly said as if sensing the reason behind my silence.

"Jason Christopher Woodwords." I smiled at Carter. The names actually sound better with 'Woodwords'.

"I like them. Now come on." He said as he took my hand in his.

"Where?" I asked as I wore my bag.

"To your apartment. Pack your bags. It's time to go home." He said as I smiled.