Chapter 37 - Understatement

Lily Dornan

The next morning we woke up pretty early around 5:30. We were suppose to catch the private jet Andy had sent. Today, I'm going to New York with Carter. I'm very happy and excited to see everyone there but am a little worried too. What if they will be angry with me? What if I'd have hurt them too? What if they don't forgive me? There were thousands of questions inside me. I just prayed everything goes well.

We quickly got dressed and had a very short breakfast. I wore a normal white tee with blue jeans and a tan cardigan just to keep me warm. Carter wore a pair of black jeans and a crisp blue shirt. He did look pretty hot.

We had a short drive to the airport.

When we arrived the jet was already ready so without wasting time we boarded the plane. I was very tired so Carter suggested I sleep in the room inside the jet. I agreed and dozed off for around 2 hours.

I just woke up and washed my face to drive away the rest of the sleepiness from my face. I was feeling really fresh after that nap. Actually, I'm sleeping a lot but my doctor says it's normal to get tired during pregnancy and it's good that I sleep a lot.

I walked out of the room to see Carter working on his laptop.

This man never rests.

I walked up to him and took my seat beside him.

"Carter." I called out and he replied with a 'hmm' while still typing on laptop. I sometimes pity that poor device.

I kept a hand on his cheek, cupping his face, making him turn towards me.

"Stop working and rest for some time." I said softly and he smiled.

"I missed the way you care for me." He said and kept his forehead against mine.

"I love you. You know that right?" He said and looked at me.

"I know, and I love you too." I said and he kissed me.

I closed my eyes and savoured this moment.

.

.

.

.

We landed about 30 minutes ago. The drive from the airport to the Pericoloso Mansion is about 15-20 minutes but rest of the time went in cutting the path from the outskirts to the actual doorstep of the Mansion. It's very hidden you see. Being in Mafia we all need protection. Moreover, Anna and Emma are such famous models, they get there privacy too, this way.

I was very nervous to see everyone there. Even thought a smile graced my face seeing the Mansion.

I was playing with my fingers due to the anxiety but Carter held my hand intertwining his fingers with mine. I smiled at him and he gave me an assuring one.

We got our o the car and Carter scanned his fingerprint on the lock granting us access to the Mansion.

It was unusually quite. It was very strange. Usually people run around the house cleaning, and arraigning things but today it was pin drop silent.

We walked towards the living room and I sat my bag down on a couch. Suddenly I was engulfed in a hug. Smell of vanilla mixed with Mango surrounded me and it didn't took me long to recognise Sonia.

I gladly returned the hug. My best friend.

Then came Katherine. Her beautiful smell of pine trees enveloped me. Then came Evan and then everyone hugged me one by one.

"I missed you all." I said once everyone was done greeting and welcoming me. I was very glad and relived that they weren't angry at me or hurt. They were the same bunch of amazing people I remember.

"We missed you too." They all said making me almost cry.

Our cheerful smiles and laughs died down when Mrs. Woodwords entered the room.

She walked straight to me and the first thing she said was : " I'm very very sorry Lily. Please forgive me." She had tears in her eyes and I couldn't help but hug her.

She hugged me back and it almost felt surreal. I was actually happy that she accepted me.

We broke the hug and she said : "Welcome to the family Lily. I officially give Carter's hand to you in marriage." She said and we all broke into happy smiles.

"Coming on that.." I said and looked towards Carter.

"Oh. Yeah. Well, I proposed Lily to marry me again and as she said 'yes', we are greeting married again."

"Congratulations." Everyone cheered and we had another round of greetings.

"Umm. I have something to say." Rachel said once the excitement died down.

"What?" Ian asked.

"Remember you gave me the divorce papers of their marriage the other day to submit them to Mr. Morreti?" Rachel said looking towards Andy.

"Yes." Andy said knitting his eyebrows together.

"Well, I never submitted them. I always knew they were destined to stay together." Rachel said as if careful not to push anyone's buttons.

"So, Technically," Emma said but stopped for Rachel to finish her sentence.

"Technically, they are still legally husband and wife." A silence wrapped the room once those words left Rachel's mouth.

Some were angry, some were confused and some were seriously having the look which said : 'Are You Fucking Kidding Me?'

Taking the initiative, I hugged Rachel and everyone was shocked.

"Aren't you mad at me?" Rachel asked once we broke the hug.

"No. I'm glad you did what you did." I smiled at her which she returned.

"Thank You Rachel." Carter said with a grateful smile.

"Don't mention that. I owned you one." She said and we all smiled again.

To say I'm happy would be an understatement.