New Strings

Sakura Haruno had known perfectly well that she had died in such a tragic way

     Sakura Haruno had known perfectly well that she had died in such a tragic way. It was so unforeseen that Tsunade would have probably drop her newly poured cup of sake in surprise. Her bloodied corpse would later have been found by Naruto himself and he would unlock a new power within him and kill all the bandits that she was supposed to kill.

     That's what always happened. She had always acted the way she had because she was supposed to. Sometimes she wondered just about how much was fake verses real. Did she really hold feelings for Sasuke or was it all just an intricate part of her written character? How much of herself could she really control?

     She had known fully about the massacre and Itachi Uchiha becoming a rogue nin. She had figured out a few years before she graduated about Naruto's parents and the Kyuubi. From the moment she had met Gaara, she knew that he would die young. All of that was predestined and written from the moment that they were brought into the world.

     For whatever reason, Sakura had gained the sixth sense and could easily figure out what was to happen. When she was still premature into the power, she had tried to change fate and trained hard as a kunoichi. Still, everything she tried to prevent happened.  It was then that she realized that her so-called gift was a curse in disguise. Free will seemed to be an idea made up in the minds of humans so they could accomplish the impossible. No, people were born with those traits and ambitions for a reason. 

     All she could do was watch the people she care about make mistakes and be able to do absolutely nothing about them. It was so furious to watch that she almost drove herself insane. Her mind finally changed when she felt that familiar ping and a new rush of information for her death. 

     It was a relief.

     No matter how twisted her thinking was, she was finally glad that her being no longer existed in the world. No longer was she plagued with thoughts of Naruto going through his sensei's passing with tears as he held a melting popsicle. He would have a happy ending with a family of his own and a loving wife. Sakura was no longer needed.

     All she would become was a name and a memory of the distant past in their minds. They would cry and mourn but would later get over her death to get stronger. They'll carry what they thought was her wish to make it up to Sakura Haruno, their dear friend. Kakashi Hatake would no doubt visit her grave also but when Obito shows up, he'll visit it less and less for her.

     They might tell stories about Sakura to their kids but their kids won't repeat them to theirs. Her status would be changed to being just another name on the stone. A kid placed on Team 7, a team that had the nasty reputation for C-ranks escalating and people dying.

     There was something bothering her, however. Sakura Haruno still felt cold. To be specific, one side of her body felt freezing. She was dead and wasn't supposed to feel anything. Her ancestors were supposed to greet her in death and whatnot and perhaps she'd meet with Naruto's father, the Yondaime Hokage.

     Her eyelids snapped open and the stars practically blinded her. "I am... Alive?"

     Once her eyes adjusted once more, she looked to the wound on her arm that had already scabbed over. When she moved to her chest and stomach, the holes and blood in her clothing was there, but scars were in the place of the stab wounds.

      Standing up, she observed her surroundings cautiously and moved to grab the kunai from her pouch. No doubt, she was laying in an alley, but she had no idea where she was. 

     Never before had the pangs been wrong. It was definite that she should've been dead and lounging on the beach in the afterlife. Sakura probably would have even tried to get a tan, something that she never had the luxury in doing.

      Walking out from the narrow walkway, her eyes were met with an unnatural bright light. It was obviously a store from the goods being packed in by brand and what they were but the technology they used was astounding. From all the things she's heard in the nations, never had she seen a lighted sign like that one. 

     With newfound curiosity, she snooped around a bit more and had to cover her eyes once more from a much larger sign. It was fully lit up with the most vibrant colors she had come across. The familiar pang rushed in and her feelings were quickly calmed with the new thought of no longer being in her previous world.

     The pang had been late or delayed for whatever reason. Usually, Sakura never really needed to ask many questions because the most important information was woven throughout many peoples' fates.

     Reading the letters upon the door, she found that it was a convenience store. From the multiple posters in the windows, they accepted a different type to currency and were open twenty-four hours a day. Now the ryo that had been stashed in her pouch was useless. However, there was more than likely a person inside that could help her... As long as they didn't call her insane. 

     She was about to take a step before sensing some malicious presences behind her. Sakura's muscles tensed as they got closer and she could hear their echoing footsteps behind her. It was only two people and they didn't really have chakra either. However, their movements were too loud to not hear.

     From the distance she was in, there only laid a single, flickering light between them. She wasn't at all afraid because she knew that she could take them on easily. However, everything that was happening was uncharted territory. 

     "Who's there?" she asked curiously, not a hint of terror in her voice. 

     It was obvious they were going to put up a fight but she needed information. As long as she had been a shinobi, Sakura knew that torture was the best way to interrogate anyone. There was a feeling she wouldn't have to go that far but she had to be prepared. 

     "Heh, a female, I knew that I was right, " one voice had declared arrogantly.

     "Wonder what her quirk is though... Hearing?"

     Stepping out of the shadows and into the light, she watched as their expressions turned to ones of disbelief and horror. It wouldn't take long to crack them at all. Sakura smiled as she cracked her knuckles to prepare for their beating. "Now then... Can you tell me what a quirk is?"