Un-Destined

Getting into the motor vehicle was rather hard to do

     Getting into the motor vehicle was rather hard to do. She didn't know whether or not it was safe, but the way they acted gave off a sense of authority. The cat man's quirk was obviously being part cat but she didn't know about the other man's. The way he believed her was uncanny. Sakura followed what they had done and closed the door and "buckled up."

     Quietly, she sat there, but also couldn't help but stare in awe at the technology in the world. Sakura didn't even feel like she was moving as fast as the world escaped from her view. 

Ping

     Huffing, she held her head in her hand, trying to calm the throbbing pain in her head. Once it stopped, her eyes narrowed as she stared at the car to the front-right of them. She could almost see all the weapons piled upon the backseat and the bomb that sat in the midst of it all.

       However, she wasn't supposed to meddle in it. Sakura was helpless to the many lives that would be lost in the explosion at the base of an old building. Although she couldn't do anything didn't mean that it didn't affect her greatly.

     Why wouldn't anyone be upset at the revelation that free will was a myth. Humans would become distraught and depressed to know that every single aspect of their lives was planned out by someone.

      That would mean that some people were created to be 'evil,' not born with a blank slate. The society would crumble if people had found out... Only if it was planned that she told. No, she would stay as silent as she could even if the world around her would go down in flames. There wasn't a point in her trying to play God and make the world a 'better place.'

     "Are you okay back there?" one of them coolly asked because they had notice her tense up. It was a very amateur mistake after living with a mask over her face all those years. The new environment and events scared it away temporarily for a bit... More than likely. 

     "I'm fine, " she replied with a placid expression, tricking herself to believe so in the meantime. After all, she was fine because she wasn't involved in it. As long as she played her part everything would end up okay.

     His eyes rested on her in the mirror for a millisecond before he went back to driving the car. It seemed as though he believed her, but it was indeed uncanny. There was a slight chance that he could detect lies but at least he wasn't a mind reader. If any were out there in the world her whole existence and 'peace' would come to a bitter end, no doubt being used as a weapon for the government.

     They pulled up into a building that also had a lit up sign with the words 'Police Department' plastered on it. It somewhat reminded her of the Uchiha Police Force and the little patches they had sewn on their sleeves. Sadly yet not, the massacre had ended them all.

     The little cubicles they had stuffed in there and the massive stacks of paper on their desks reminded her a bit of her civilian father. As a young child and not quite into the shinobi world, she had ventured with her dad into his office and watched as he meticulously scribbled down notes and signed several pieces of parchment. A boring job and meager pay, yes, but it just about showed how boring the adult world was when ninjas weren't involved.

     One of the employees at the Police Force bustled around, not particularly caring about his surroundings. In his right hand was a precariously stack of paper and files while in the other was a piping-hot coffee cup.

     His arrival was sudden but she should've been able to move out of the way. However, there was nothing that showed her what move that she should make exactly. Like the beginning of her new journey, this event laid unprecedented to the future that laid before it. Most human beings with the capabilities of chakra and the ability to use it well would have dodged it. However, to her it seemed clear that it was supposed to splash on her.

     In the two seconds that she arrived, she was met with a splash of steaming coffee, which tasted absolutely bitter to no end. Who drank it black anyways?

     Ignoring the pain, she turned to her escorts and colleagues of the man who had split the caffeinated drink on her. "Where will I go to be interrogated?"

     The scalding drink had caused her skin to turn into a bright red and it had stained her recently bought clothing. Coffee dripped from her pink tendrils of hair and splattered into the puddle that had formed around her feet which still donned its regular ninja sandals.

     Naomasu grimaced but also became quite curious and perturbed by her nonchalant attitude. The look in her eyes screamed boredom and also the looming fact that she had been through way worse than just a hot drink. "Don't you want to dry yourself off and treat your wounds first?"

     He watched as the girl looked from her pink-tinged arm back to him, eyes wavering with confusion and insecurity. "It's not that bad. I'll take care of it after everything is done."

     His eyes narrowed when his fears were assured and he sent a stare at the clumsy employee. He 'eeped' in return and bowed deeply. "I'm very sorry."

     Sakura's green eyes registered it but she didn't make any movement to acknowledge it. Instead she moved past and picked up a couple stray papers that had fallen to the floor and hadn't succumbed to the drink. "Here."

     She would've healed herself and knocked the guy into oblivion... Possibly, if she were to play her character. However, there was a foreboding feeling that whispered against it. 

     The guy stumbled and took the papers from her hand and rushed off but not without making sure he could see what was in front of him clearly. 

     "When are we going to start?"