Hero Killer

"Hey, hey, " she smiled maliciously at Stain, "Listen up. Name is Chizome Akaguro but he uses the name Stain for his hero killings. He wields a worn katana, five daggers, throwing knives, toe-spiked boots, and folding knives. His quirk is called 'Bloodcurdle' and it temporarily paralyzes a person when he tastes their blood. Weakness..."

     She trailed off as she had to dodge an incoming attack with his katana. "The maximum it lasts is eight minutes, but the effects depends on blood type."

     At that moment, Sakura could tell that he was beginning to get serious. No one knew that secret since no one had ever lived to figure it out, so it was impossible for someone to know, nonetheless a high school student.

     She quickly deflected a barrage of throwing knives and rolled over to the side. "From longest to shortest the order goes B, AB, A, and O... And what do you know, Izuku? We're both O blood types!"

     With a folding knife coming her way, instead of parrying it, she grabbed it mid-air, twisting her body in a 360 motion and sending it back. "Hey, you interrupting my talk is getting kind of annoying."

     Killing intent oozed out from a slightly pissed off Sakura. "Do you want to die?"

     "Hmph, a killer hanging around a bunch of fake heroes... Isn't that hypocritical?"

     "You can't kill people that don't exist in the world, " she replied, twisting her own words to fit the odd truth, "How can it be applied to me?"

     "... Iida-kun still can't move, " Izuku informed her as he took a close look at his friend, "His wounds are bad... And there's another hero over there."

     Sakura huffed, "It can't be helped. Get over here and help me. I can't deal with him myself."

     "You're holding back, " Stain commented.

     "If that's what it seems like to you."

     She threw her fan out, successfully slashing him in the arm. Izuku on the other hand had green lines of energy running throughout his body from the five percent of his power. 

     The One for All user ran up and went in close combat, which wasn't exactly his match, but Sakura made sure to protect any blind spot that he left open as he was engaged in the fight. 

    It felt as though it was just the three of them fighting, laying down their lives for the betterment of others. It felt just like home.

ʀᴇꜱᴛʀᴀɪɴ.

ʜᴏʟᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ.

     Yes, nothing had changed and Sakura still was reduced to the side fodder character that she was created to be. She had to hold back, to follow things correctly, because there wasn't a reason to try and change something that couldn't be changed... But she still had to try.

     Stain paused for just a tiny moment and examined Sakura's posture and eyes, all of which were mature and experienced. 

     Yes, to lay down your life for the village was an honor. To have your name engraved on the KIA stone was an honor. Yet... It all felt numb.

     "Kid... You've been through a lot, haven't you. I can tell that you've looked Death right in the eyes. Though we are enemies, you've gained my acknowledgement as a 'hero.' "

     That made her winded and quite unfocused, leaving Izuku wide open in an area. Taking that chance, Stain swung down at Midoriya. Cursing, she focused chakra into her feet to jump in front and take the blow.

     It stung, but wasn't much to what she had before. 

    "Sakura-san!"

    Iida, who was still in the midst and unable to grasp the situation till now, swore to himself. He was unable to do anything. Blinded by revenge for his brother, he didn't heed his brother's words to not go after the Hero Killer. Now he was stuck in this position, unable to move or do anything.

     Even though he acknowledged Sakura as he hero, he still licked her blood off of his sword. "It seems that I was right to judge you as a sacrificial person. Though I do wonder how you knew about my quirk."

     She collapsed to the ground, body working against her in making her unable to move. Still, that wouldn't stop her tongue. "Connections to the Dead Eyes group."

     "Huh, no wonder."

     He kicked her away to the wall, moving her out of the way of the fight between Izuku and himself. 

     "I'm sorry, Sakura-san, " Izuku apologized wearily as he prepared for next attack.

     Now all Sakura could do was watch as he tried not to get cut and land some kind of blows. It was too one-sided in Stain's favor but all she could do was lay there like the useless person she was.

     How could she possibly escape death now? Sakura was weak, unable to do anything because that's how it's supposed to be. She hated it. 

     She hated it so much.

    As her anger boiled up, she began to snake chakra around her body, using it on her joints and muscles.

     "Move!" she hissed lowly at herself.

     "I'm sorry that I'm late, " a voice called out, Todoroki's voice.

    "Todoroki-kun!" Izuku exclaimed as he dodged another incoming attack.

     Ice swept up and spread to the Hero Killer's feet.

    He saw Iida on the ground and his own eyes stopped at her, noticing that Sakura was also there. She hated how he was looking at her as though she didn't belong. 

     Pushing more chakra, she finally could push her joints and body to move the way she wanted it too. Pain spiked though her entire body, as though Haku had sent thousands of senbon needles though her.

     Getting up, she spat out blood to the side, ignoring all the pain coursing through her. "Ugh, your quirk is an absolute piece of shit."

     "It's already run out?" Izuku muttered in surprise.

     The man who knew his quirk best was rather shocked at the fact that Sakura was moving much sooner than she should have. "No... How are you moving already?"

     With pain coursing through her worse than a period, she stuck her middle finger up at him without caring of her image as a public figure. "Willpower, but this feels worse than Kaminari's electrocution... Damn, I should've brought Hitoshi here."

     "This battle would've ended less than a minute in, " she snorted.