Modeling

Sakura quickly went through her list of pros

     Sakura quickly went through her list of pros. Nezu hadn't mentioned anything about money, which hopefully meant that it was free. She had no intention of paying it anytime soon either. She also had a place to stay: a tree, which would even be her property.

     Food wasn't exactly a necessity and she could survive a while without it. If she wasn't able to combat starvation for a while, Sakura wouldn't be a true shinobi. Mooching off the already 'good will' of the Principal, she didn't feel calm asking for even more of him. The lady at the clothing store had talked vigorously about modeling... Whatever that was.

     "What will you do now?" Sansa asked curiously.

     "Someone thought I should be a model... Should I apply?"

     The cat-man purred thoughtfully, "Naomasa is going to get your papers sorted out so you can become a citizen. I don't believe that you'd care on being adopted but if you got a stable job... You'll more than likely be able to live on your own... And not in a tree."

     She nodded, "I don't want to be adopted by anyone. I only have two parents and they will never be replaced. Being registered as an orphan isn't all that bad and I'll need a place to store my stuff... What about my quirk?"

     "In your registry, you will be quirkless for safety reasons, " Naomasa replied as he entered.

     "Mmm, " the pinkette hummed.

     Sansa pulled out a metal box that flashed with light. He quickly tapped thing into it. "I found a couple of auditions nearby. One's today and if we leave early, we'll be able to catch it."

     "You sure you want to drive me?"

     "Kid, how else are you going to get there?"

     "It's kind of a hassle though..."

     "Just hop on in."

     As they drove, she measured the distance and made sure to remember what streets to take on her way back. Soon enough, they pulled up to the huge building with sloping windows and a wide front foyer. It might've been normal for them, but it seemed luxurious in the eyes of Sakura.

     "This is far as we go, kid, " Sansa muttered. 

     Suddenly, Naomasa threw up something in the air in which she gently caught by the string. He had thrown a lanyard that had her name embellished on it, including a picture. Narrowing her eyes, she looked suspiciously as she didn't know when they were able to take a front profile picture of her.

     "That will allow you to go into the building as you please... To give such a thing to a kid... I don't know."

     "It's really that important?" she asked, eyeing it carefully as it was only an identification card in her eyes.

     "Most villains would love to get their hands on that. Although I believe in your story, it just feels irresponsible."

     Sakura Haruno sighed and pinched her nose, " I owe him. I can't just betray someone like that. It's not what I'm programmed to do."

     Right, no free will. 

     Putting on the lanyard and shoving it under her shirt, she waved the two police officers good bye, already knowing that she'd see them quite soon. 

     Softly, she whispered, "Our fates have already been tangled..."

     Shaking her head, she walked into the building, cautiously approaching the front desk. "I'm here for the modeling opportunity?"

     The woman with her black uptight pony tail and amber eyes smiled but it hadn't reached her eyes. Already she could tell that he woman didn't expect her to make the audition.

     Gracefully, she grabbed a card with a number on it and directed, "Go sit in those seats over there and come up when your number is called."

     Nodding, she walked over, eyes drifting around in awe at the decor that made her even feel out of place. With her cheap shirt and face without makeup, Sakura felt as if she had no business being in such a building.

     Sitting down in the plastic chair, her emerald orbs wandered to the other competitors wanting the spot. They all dressed more fancily with dresses, jewelry, hair in up-do's, and makeup painted prettily on their faces.

     Of course, being the black sheep of the group, there were glances and scoffs tossed her way but she couldn't help such a thing. They weren't exactly wrong to do so.

     Some people walked into a room and out only to have tears, and others walked into the same one only to come out confidently as they had in.

     "Number 32."

     Looking down at her card, a lump in her throat formed as the numbers '32' bore back at her. If she didn't land the job, she more than likely would work in retail. Sakura would much rather avoid it because of Ino's constant ramblings on how terrible it was.

     The room was spacious and the sunlight filtered casually into the room and showed how carefully each piece of furniture was placed. The three judges sat on the long side of the table, all heads turned in her direction.

     Finally standing in the center, one judge asked, "Where's your papers?"

     "I didn't receive any, " she replied, a bit confused.

     "The lady at the desk didn't hand you one?"

     She shook her head 'no' and he sighed, "Go ahead and strike a pose."

      "Any preferences? Should it be cute, innocent, flirty, or seductive?"

     "Whatever you see fit."

     With her years of psychological practice in the way things seem to fit, it was easy to decipher that they were tired from the endless stream of applicants. Obviously, they weren't expecting much from a girl like her and were probably more than irritated that Sakura would be wasting their time. However, with the way they kept going, more than likely they hadn't found the person right for the job. 

     However, she herself was perfect with her training for honeypot missions, although she never exclusively went on one. Seducing men as a kunoichi was something she never bat an eye at and she never would. Her womanly charms had to come in handy somehow.

     If there was something she learned, it was that the 'dripping wet look' was an absolute rage, especially with the full and narrowed eyes that dared a man to step any closer yet also drew them in. There was a slight feeling that it was why men tried to peep into the bathhouses and female hotsprings all the time.

     Grabbing one of their water bottles, she poured it onto herself and positioned herself to crouch and also look at the judges with a sultry passion. It was obvious from that moment that she had won.

     A small drop of happiness wormed its way into her heart and she forgot for a moment that everything was meant to be in one way, shape, or form.