Interrogation

Much to her dislike Sakura was forced to change her clothes and at least dry her hair before the interrogation

     Much to her dislike Sakura was forced to change her clothes and at least dry her hair before the interrogation. It still proved how the society she now resided in was different than Konoha and their ways: Capture the enemy as is and torture them if their condition is stable and not at the point of dying. 

     Even more disapproving, their room meant for interrogation didn't contain any torture mechanisms or weapons. She almost clicked her tongue in disappointment before remembering that she was the one being questioned.

     Sitting down in the metallic chair she faced the two officers with an irritated expression. "So... Is this supposed to be psychological?"

     The two paused for a moment before stating, "This isn't a movie or T.V. series if that is what you think."

     Her face suddenly became devoid of any emotion as she went to process what exactly a 'movie' and 'T.V. series' was. The change had unnerved them but they continued along with what they were going to say.

     "What is your name?"

     "Sakura Haruno."

     "Where are you from?"

     "Konoha."

     Naomasa's nose scrunched up at the answer and he muttered, "I've never heard of that place before. Where is it?"

     Thinking carefully about what the power had shown her, she answered, "It was destroyed."

     It wasn't a lie but it did get rebuilt later. Hopefully it would get past his quirk... Whatever it was for the matter.

     Sansa then asked, "What about your parents?"

     There was no need to even think twice about it, "They're dead."

      "Family alive?"

      She shook her head. "None."

     "How did you get here from this... Konoha?"

     "I don't know. I just suddenly woke up lying on the street today."

       Gesturing to the bag of clothes that she had brought with her, the cat-man asked, "How did you afford that?"

       "These people were harassing me and I beat them up and took their wallets. My currency is not valid here."

     Naomasa held out his hand and she gently placed her wallet into the palm. He thumbed through her ryo and pulled it out. Sure enough it was generally worthless but as fuel for fire. Ryo had been the currency before the use of Japanese Yen but it seemed too new to even be authentic. "She wasn't lying at all."

      Sansa sighed and sipped some coffee which he had generously dashed with sugar. "What should we do? We can't have the kid roam on the streets again... Kid, what's your quirk?"

      Sakura was going to say before the words got caught in her throat. If she lied it would've been detected for sure and she would've been viewed as a threat and possibly neutralized. "M-my quirk..."

     They must have saw the flash of raw fear in her eyes as she uttered the two words and fell back into silence. She tried to speak once more but her shinobi instincts knew better than that.

      "You can tell us, we're on the hero side, " he soothed, hoping to have her speak.

     At those words she scowled, "There's no such things as heroes, villains, good or evil. It's all a matter of perspective and what you believe in. Anything that is essentially 'good' has a bad consequence and so does something that is essentially 'bad.' It's called balance."

     In the matter of perspective Naruto was a hero bringing the nations together and becoming Hokage. However, people may hate him for the people he had killed and sent to their deaths for the cost of 'peace.' Is there ever truly peace then?

     "A hero goes into a burning building and saves half of the residents. Half are happy and grateful for him in saving their lives while the other half's families loathe him and hate the hero for not being quick or strong enough."

     Her emerald green eyes bore into them as she threatened them to argue against her. No matter their protests though, she knew that she was right. 

      "And she's interested in philosophy... We can't leave her here overnight because she isn't a criminal. We can't exactly let her roam the streets, especially with all of the... Villains running around."

     She almost preened at the recognizing tone when he muttered the word. It might've been for her presumed dislike of the labels but she didn't particularly care. "Just drop me off at the nearest forest and I'll lodge there."

      The looks on their faces were in disbelief and she realized that people didn't normally sleep in the forest. During a couple training sessions with Tsunade, she had accidentally fallen asleep in a couple trees after beings blown into them from chakra punches. Soon after, trees became her preference instead of beds, but her parents forced her to sleep at home out of concern and so-called consideration.

     "I guess not..." she trailed off before blankly staring at the area around her.

     They exited the room and went to talk from behind the glass. She watched them closely and could easily tell what they were talking about. Although she absolutely could not hear anything, the glass was see-through. The room was probably meant for juveniles and a way to show them that they were watching. They possibly didn't expect that she would read lips.

      Of course, they were speaking about her and the eerie feeling they got from Sakura. Her mannerisms and overall speech was too mature for her age and her random remarks demanded attention. Not to mention the fact that she didn't even say what her quirk was. They wanted to trust their gut feelings and keep her under watch, but there was no good reason why.

     "What if my quirk allows me to be super intelligent?" she grumbled aloud and wished that she could throw her kunai out boredom. Thinking about taking out the sharp weapons in the midst of the police didn't really prove her point though.

     "Maybe I can just sleep here..." 

     Looking in the corner she saw what appeared to be a security camera as she watched some Chunnin Exams before through the T.V. The camera was more advanced and smaller than the ones that existed in Konohagakure though. She wouldn't be able to heal herself without being noticed except for one thing for sure... They couldn't pick up on chakra. It didn't 'exist' until the world until she came, after all.

     Facing away from the camera she focused on the most irritated places while also making sure that they didn't spot her. Sakura didn't heal them all the way just to make sure they didn't solely expect her of something. She didn't really mind staying somewhere under their jurisdiction except for her actions beings watched like a hawk.

     The door opened and slammed closed heavily. Their expressions look as though they aged a year or two and Sakura wondered how exactly taking her in would be stressful. The two men were definitely overreacting in her opinion but picking up a strange girl off the streets did seem like a bad idea.

     "I don't believe that you'd like to live in an orphanage..."

     "I'd sleep in a tree instead, " she casually stated, knowing full and well that she'd actually do that.

     "Hah... Sansa, you take her."

     "Yes, sir- Hey, wait!"