Premonition

Once Class 1-A went back into the swing of things, returning back to the lessons, Sakura could feel herself doze off. She had established a seat next to Midoriya, which she had moved herself, to further traumatize him as much as possible. The person that knew his secret was literally sitting right next to him. Toying with his mind was indeed fun.

     In a deep sleep, she leaned against his shoulder, using it as a pillow. Of course, she was succeeding even more at her sadistic mission without even realizing it. When the class erupted into cheers at the announcement of a tournament, she did not stir one bit.

     Mineta, who sat behind Midoriya, nudged him a bit and whispered, "Making moves already, huh?"

     Izuku shivered at the thought and turned red, already shaking his head to disprove such an incorrect theory. "S-she fell asleep like that."

     Suddenly he felt something wet touch his arm and he glanced back at the sleeping female. Although unconscious and had a blank expression, tears were sliding down her cheeks. Not any kind, the angry hot ones where the person held a great grudge of some sort.

     His thoughts were interrupted when his teacher, Aizawa-sensei said, "You're going to be picking out your hero names with the help of-"

     A large, busty woman entered the room holding a whip in hand. A vast majority of the boys let out hoots and hollers. The R-rated Hero had made her entrance in the classroom.

     Izuku Midoriya thought long and hard while staring directly at his whiteboard. Uncapping his marker, he decided and wrote the nickname that had been the bane of his existence for so many years. The name that had criticized him and given by the friend-turned-bully.

     As he moved up to show it, he was stopped by something holding him back. Sakura's hand had latched onto his sleeve as though it was a lifeline. 

     "I don't want..."

     Izuku's ears perked up as he waited for her to finish her sentence. Just as her news performance contained a raw desperation and sadness, so did the murmurs in her sleep.

     Sakura herself didn't know what she wanted. The words had escaped her mouth in her dreamland before she could comprehend anything. Did she want to be free of fate? To return back to Konohagakure after she spent so long to rebuild her life in Japan?

 Ping

     It had never before happened in a dream. Or maybe she just never remembered what happened when she woke up. 

     Blue flames surrounded her and she could feel the heat on her skin to the point where it almost burned her. The smoke was heavy to the point where she could only see the grey mass and blue embers in between.

     "Cat?" she called out weakly, coughing.

     Sakura couldn't move any of her limbs nor cover her mouth from the smoke. Her breaths quickened as she didn't hear any reply through her receiver, there was only static. 

     "Hitoshi!" she practically screamed, hoping for some kind of sign. 

     Finally there was some scuffling sounds of shoes next to her head and she could barely shift it. A smile of relief adorned her face at what she saw. He had taken off his mask, a big no-no, but she was still glad to see him.

     "You're okay, " she grinned before having a fit of coughs and wheezes.

     "Sakura, " he muttered softly.

     "Codenames, remember?" she managed through heavy breaths.

     "But you didn't say mine..."

     "I'm your teacher... I'm allowed to."

     It took her a while to realize that she could no longer feel the heat from the fire surrounding her. "There's something wrong with my body... I can't move."

     His gaze hardened and she could tell that he was trying not to show his emotion. "Don't worry, we'll get you healed up in no time-"

     "Tell me the truth, " she ordered, emerald eyes narrowing.

     Even with the world crumbling around them, her eyes didn't lose their fiery determination that he had grown to respect as a friend. "It doesn't matter, I need to get you back."

     "Hitoshi!"

     He paused from trying to pick her up, lip trembling as he did so. His whole body shook as tears welled up in his eyes. He had never adopted that look in front of her before but she could recognize it anywhere.

     "I'm going to die, aren't I?"

     At his reaction of tears spilling over, she knew that she had hit the mark dead center. Sakura really did want to hug him and tell him that everything would be alright, but something stopped her.

     She enjoyed every moment that she had spent in U.A., most including the time that she spent with Hitoshi, a confidant in which she could tell all of her secrets, all except for this one.

     "You knew... Didn't you? You knew you were going to die?" The shattered tone of his voice shoved a dagger into her already bleeding heart. It hurt her to see him like this.

     "I knew."

     He hit his fist into the ground, unconsciously putting chakra into it and creating a mini-crater. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

     "I wasn't supposed to tell."

     "That doesn't mean that you can't do something!"

     "No matter-"

     "Just because it happens once, doesn't mean that it will happen the second time! How do you know for sure?!"

     His words stunned her briefly. All of her life she had herself convinced that her power was useless and could never change anything since she tried at a young age. Sakura never once thought that just maybe her powers weren't as they seemed, just like Nezu had concluded himself.

     Sakura began to cry herself, although she was exhausted of chakra, she still had enough energy to wallow in her regrets. "I'm pathetic, aren't I, Hitoshi?"

     "No, you're not, " he protested.

     "Then is it okay if I just say something that I shouldn't say... Something that I'm not supposed to say?"

     He nodded.

     "I don't want to die."