-41-

I was back down in the archives, using this break day to do more research about that void.

"Anything?" Asked Audrey as she looked over my shoulder as words drew themselves out on the blank page but after skimming it I just shook my head.

"Nothing."

"Fuck." She spat before covering her mouth but I understood her frustration, without knowledge of what this was she couldn't try to learn to control it and the elves hadn't given news of having found anything yet.

"What can I say this is hard." I brushed my hand by the beads without really thinking the small magic sparking from my hands as I made the magic words reveal themselves was enough to spark the spells alive but it seems they were more sensitive to my magic than I thought, the blue and purple sight falling over my usual sight.

I stood up, staring at was was once a simple wall but now was stained black from wild magic, forming into shapes and words.

"Mystery?" I walked to the wall, laying my hand against it, letting magic spark the wild spell alive so it glows a darker black in dragon vision but when I blinked it away it was a bright white light in human sight.

I stepped back without pulling my hand off it, the drawings shining with the words.

"That's... Old dragon tongue, I can't read it but recognize the runes." Audrey said, joining my side.

"The silver one shall devour all with ill intent wanting to step through the gate way but shall welcome all of right soul to descend deeper." I read out loud and there was like this one single shake of the ground before the wall groaned and sank down into the ground, revealing a flight of stairs leading down.

"How did you...."

"I'd tell you if I knew." I said, summoning fire by my heels as I started walking down the stares this way both my hands were free to attack or protect myself but we still had light.

I watched the wall close behind us and sighed softly.

With each step down I kicked up dust and what touched my flames sometimes sparked brighter.

"Holy gods." Audrey whispered looking at the huge library room with shelves like ten times my sides full of books on several lines.

"This place is so old, not even crystal torches are around." I said, walking down the isles and isles off shelves and staring up at the old books. "If we will find something about that void it will be here."

I made fire balls float around in the air instead of them following so Audrey could also read.

The books were old talking of old remedies, stories, myths and biographies mostly.
After hundreds of books, I could tell other how to cook a Souffle from a millennium ago but not what this void was, as if this were still archives but any book about wild or elemental magic was expunged from the library.

"I can't find anything, I don't think knowing the name of my great great four more times great grand father will help will it?" Audrey sighed. "Anything on your side?"

"No."

"Maybe try your trick that helped you find this hidden door."

"I could try."

I flicked the dragon sight on and scanned the room again and stopped by a book that wasn't there, if shown dark like wild magic but when I blinked back to human vision it wasn't there.

I reached out and grabbed it, magic sparking in my hands hostilely without my permission before it calmed down as the wild magic that made the book invisible slowly flaked off into the air, leaving me with a decent size dark green leather bound book with the symbols for the elements on it, light, shadows, lightning, earth, fire, water and air, the secondary elements forms from those weren't depicted like ice or plants but what was one it proved this being a magical book.

I opened it I couldn't read the words, an old human dialect that's for sure the letters still somewhat resembled those of today, I would need a bit of time to decipher it.

"I found this but I need to translate it to understand it, it was hidden from normal eyes with wild magic and it has the main elements' symbols on it so it must be of magic." I told her.

"So we are leaving?"

"We can't find anything so I'll say yes, we can come by later."

"Right."

I sat in my room using a small ball of fire floating near my shoulder to read, parchment under my left hand as I dipped the quill in ink and was writing, looking for clues about what each letter could be from their frequency in the words and comparing them to today's words.

Nix has fallen asleep across my lap as I worked deep into the night. I didn't worry about the dance trial and was confident that I could make if passed the fourth without trouble.

I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere as I had already filled three of my parchment paper with hypotheses and tests but came up with nothing that would be conclusive but I wouldn't give up, Audrey's life and safety could depend on us finding out what the void is the sooner possible so I will give it my all to succeed.

The queendom can't lose her.

I can't lose her.