t w e n t y - f i v e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - f i v e

"What's the scoop?" Uriah asks, sitting down. He just woke up, still in nothing but his sleepwear boxers. His hands hold a bowl of sugary cereal that he scarfs down.

It was the day of the gathering that they were going to be holding for all of the packs that were unsure of where their allegiance lies. All eleven of them had signed the peace agreement, and were to be screened the moment they entered the pack. The King and Queen had their own pack members to protect, and safety was the upmost priority.

Adah and Micajah had already been up since dawn, and had been in Micajah's office for the most of the morning. Jayden joined them not too long ago, and Uriah just walked in, curls all over the place.

"Luna Ella and Luna Mariah both called me today," Adah informs them, swaying her legs, perched up on Micajah's desk. The males who had just come in look at her curiously.

"What for?" Uriah asks for, through a mouthful of milk and cereal. Adah grimaces at this, and Uriah pulls the finger in response. Micajah watches the ordeal, rolling his eyes.

"They want to come over and help out with the gathering. I said it was okay. They're due for noon. I said you would get them from the border. That good with you?" Adah tells them and he nods, chewing. Noon wasn't too far, only about a quarter of the hour left.

Micajah had been surprised at the mention of Ella's name, considering the nature of her past with Adah. But Adah was putting water under the bridge, as hard as it was for her. Micajah was her focus now, and he knew that. It made his wolf pull his belly up to her.

"How's everyone feeling, about today?" Jayden asks, voice small as he looks around. Adah shrugs, and Micajah's eyes are drawn to outside of the window, watching winter do it's thing.

"I have a feeling it'll be okay," he murmurs in an adorable attempt to ease the tension. Adah smiles at the effort, heading over and planting a kiss on his cheek. His cheeks redden.

"See, if you did that to me, Micajah would have a stake up my ass. It doesn't make sense," Uriah complains, shaking his head. He places his empty bowl down onto the coffee table. 

"I like Jayden more," is all Micajah says, and Uriah takes great offence to it, giving Micajah a dirty look.

"That's bullshit. You and I have a much more deeper and more intimate, but platonic, relationship. I've even seen you naked. That means something," it's a grumble.

"We're wolves. We've all seen each other naked," Jayden mumbles, his features confused with the point Uriah was trying to make. Adah laughs.

Noon rolled around pretty quickly, and Adah had stuck with Micajah. They were going through the scheme of the gathering, checking over plans of food and dinner, as well as defences and protection that was going to be set up. In reality, Adah should have spent the time to also prep for the small speech she was going to give, but every time it came to it, she couldn't think of anything. She was just going to wing it. Adah was good at doing things like that.

Over the past four days, the protests occurring had dwindled. The calm before the storm. Micajah's take on it, was that the rebelling packs knew of this gathering, and were waiting for the packs unsure to make their decision. It's why the defence numbers were high tonight. But Uriah didn't think an attack would be done – he was a good war strategist, and they both trusted his insight.