t w e n t y - s i x

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - s i x

It was a few hours later, and the ballroom was hectic. It was just a half hour before anyone arrived, and all sorts of last minute decisions were being made – it seemed those couldn't be avoided, no matter how organised you try to be.

Adah had been ready a while ago, not going too fancy at all. It was a small, informal gathering and she didn't want to seem intimidating. She needed to be on the level everyone else was at, make the wolves appease to her. She simply wore a loose, navy dress, that dipped low on her neck. Her hair was up, and she wore flats. She was glad she did – she was practically running around currently, trying to help set up the tables. The kitchen staff had a little bit of a mix up with the décor, so currently it was all hands on deck.

Micajah was outside, giving orders and reminders to the seventy wolves that were to be on patrol around the palace tonight. Adah had dressed him – he wore a black button up, with some black-fitted jeans. Again, not too formal, and it was a bonus -  Adah liked seeing him in snug jeans. It made her wolf purr. 

"Adah, where do we want these?" Uriah asks from behind her, Jayden next to him. They were holding huge crates of expensive champagne and wine. Adah turns, before pointing the head waiter out. He had asked for them earlier. The two males comply, heading over immediately.

After she had helped out with the tables, she takes another look around checking everything. She nods in satisfaction, glad they pulled through, because she was just told that the first car had pulled through their borders. Her stomach swims uneasily, both with nervousness and excitement.

A hand places itself on the small of her back, and her body flushes immediately knowing who it was. She gives him a smile, tilting her head up to look at him.

"No crown," she murmurs, watching his eyes look at her, the silvers wary. His brows furrow darkly.

"You're just Micajah tonight. Not King Micajah," tiptoeing to kiss his cheek, before whipping the crown off, and handing it to someone to put away. He chuckles lowly, kissing her mark. 

"Let's go," she pulls his upper tattooed arm to follow her, beckoning Uriah and Jayden to come to the front too, both wearing the same white button up, and dark pants.

The night is as dark as ever, and the air seems to be less cold. The moon watches them curiously from above, and the stars applaud them, glistening support. Adah feels optimistic, and she knew it was down to her mate. After the afternoon confrontation with her parents, she wasn't feeling good, but he mentally lifted her onto a high pedestal and she stayed there. Through the black sheath, the first two headlights of the stream of cars come through.

Everyone was here.

Adah's features are relaxed, but the nearer the cars come, the more tense her mate becomes. Her brows crease softly with worry. Micajah's wolf was growing standoffish, and it was because he didn't know what these wolves may do. He was wary of an attack, regardless of the fact they had sent out peace agreements. He had to protect his pack. His mood was getting gloomier, hands balled into fists unconsciously.

Adah cups his face, forcing him to lean down to meet her frame. Her dark eyes caress the silver, the colour so light it matches the moon.

"It'll be okay. I promise. Everything will be fine. I won't let anything happen," the words are tender, soft, reaching out to him and his wolf. His wolf immediately melts into her words, and he's struck for words, so it's substituted for a nod. She kisses him, and the blush on his cheeks makes a reappearance.