Chapter 16

We stood like that for a minute before Bailey pulled away searching my face.

"What happened Alex?" she asked. 

I glanced away and mumbled "Nothing."

"Alex please, you can trust me. What happened?" she pleaded.

I looked back up at her and wiped the emotion off my face. "Nothing happened Bailey. Drop it." I said forcefully.

She sighed and looked down then back up at me, "Ok. Just know that you can trust me ok?" 

"Whatever."

"Do you want to go back downstairs or do you want to stay up here?"

I shrug. "I rather go home."  

"Well you're staying the night with me."

"I don't want to." I say taking a step back and crossing my arms.

"Please Alex. I'm worried about you. When I saw you passed out on the floor, I-I can't explain the feeling. It felt like my heart was about to tear in two. Please Alex." she begged and I saw genuine concern in her face.

I don't understand why she cares so much about me but seeing her this upset about me makes me feel bad. I don't want Bailey to feel like this because of me, I don't want to hurt her. 

"Fine." I say.

Her face immediately lights up. "Yay." I stopped the smile that was growing on my face. 

"But I want chicken nuggets."

"What?" she asked looking at me confused.

"I want chicken nuggets if I'm going to stay here." I say. 

"Fine. I'll go get some, but stay here. I'll be right back." she said and was gone.

I pulled out my phone and texted my parents that I was staying at a friends house. Then sat down at her desk. They were usually cool with anything as long as it wasn't illegal. I don't know what they would  do if they found out that I could see death. Maybe put me in a mental hospital. 

"I'm back." I jumped five feet in the air and turned around.

"God Bailey give me a warning next time unless you want to die." I said glaring at her.

"Immortal remember." she said then handed me a plate with chicken nuggets on it.

I look at them suspiciously and then take a bite of one. "These are so good. Where did you get them?" 

"The store." she replied with a smile. "I'm glad you like them." I roll my eyes.

"Would you like to try one?" I ask.

"I'm ok."

"Come on just one little nugget." 

"No I'm good."

"Please." I pleaded.

"No." 

I got a chicken nugget and started walking towards her. 

She started backing up, "Alex don't you dare." I just grinned in response.

She kept backing up until she fell backwards on her bed.

"I don't want the chicken nugget." she cried with a smile. 

I leaned over her and put the chicken nugget in her mouth.She chewed it and made a weird face at me. I stared into her eyes and she looked back at me. Bailey was somehow always there for me. Even if she annoyed the hell out of me, she stayed. But for how long? She won't leave you. A voice whispered. 

My eyes glanced down at her lips, then back up at her eyes. I suddenly realized the position I was in. I quickly got off of her and went to the other side of the room. 

What the hell was I doing? It felt go though, to be that close with someone. But I couldn't let down my walls. Couldn't I though?  Should I trust her? How do I know that she won't betray me? 

I felt arms snake around my waist. 

"Are you ok?" I hear her whisper from behind me.

"I'm fine." I mumble.

"Good."

And then suddenly her arms were gone. I looked around the room and she was gone. I went over to the bathroom door and it was locked. I heard the toilet flush and the sink start running. I quickly made my way back over to the bed. 

She exited the bathroom with an apologetic smile. "Sorry."

"It's fine. I have a question. Can you guys eat real food?" 

"Yeah. You've seen me eat real food. Some of the guys don't like to." she explained.

"Cool."

"Do you want to work on the project?" Bailey asked.

"Sure." I said going over to where Bailey put my bag. 

Just as we got started we heard a crash from downstairs.

"Idiots." Bailey said and grabbed my hand and pulled me out of her room, downstairs.

The guys were in the kitchen watching Peter and Andrew were fighting. Owen wasn't there and I assumed that Adrian took him out of the kitchen. Andrew was obviously winning. On the ground was a shatter jar and Peter took a piece and through it at Andrew but he dodged it

The rest of the guys were just watching. Those idiots are going to tear each other apart. Then I made a stupid decision. 

Andrew was punching Peter in the face while he was trying block it. I ran over quickly and pushed Peter out of the way and ducked to avoid getting hit by Andrew.

"What the hell?" Andrew said but I just stared at him with no emotion my face, challenging him. 

We stared at each other. Something was up with him and Peter. He broke the trance and glanced over at Peter who was almost healed. The look he gave him looked like regret or maybe pain.

"No more fighting guys. Find something else to do. And don't bother us for the res of the night." Bailey said.

"Ooo are you going to get some Bailey?" Ricky said with a grin.

"Shut it Ricky." Bailey said and we went back upstairs. 

We went back to working on our project until it was 11:30 and Bailey closed her laptop. 

"We're going to bed." she stated.

"What why? It's early." I say looking up.

"You need to sleep more, even if it's just for a night." she said throwing me the sweatshirt, shirt and shorts I wore last time.

I sighed and went into the bathroom to change. I knew that she wouldn't let me stay up. I exited the bathroom and Bailey was already changed.

"I'm saying that I'll be able to fall asleep." I say crossing my arms.

"How do you feel about sleeping pills?" 

"Why would a vampire have sleeping pills?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Sometime's I just want to sleep ok? So are you ok with them or not?" she asked not looking at me.

"Yeah I'll take them."

Suddenly she was next to me with two pills and a little cup of water.

"You need to stop doing that around me." I say glaring at her.

"Never." she said. I took the pills and immediately started feeling drowsy. I made my way to her bed and collapsed and fell asleep.