Chapter 21

"Alex get up or you'll be late for school!" my dad called.

I opened my eyes and became aware that I was snuggled against someone. I glance up and my eyes met Bailey's and I quickly looked down. I don't  remember falling asleep, the last thing I remember was one of the characters getting killed. 

"Alex if you don't get up in the next thirty seconds I'm going to pour water on you." my dad called again. 

My eyes widened and I rolled out of bed and opened my door so I could call down to my dad that I was up. 

I close my door again and start rummaging through my closet for something to wear.

"Um...Alex can I have my clothes?" Bailey asked from my bed. I stared at her blinking away the tiredness that was taking over my mind. 

"Alex?" 

I nodded slowly and left my room and got the towels and her clothes from the dryer. I handed them to her and went to change in the bathroom.

Once we were done getting ready Bailey gave me a quick kiss and said "I'll meet you outside ok?"

"How did you get in here anyway?" I ask still fighting sleep.

"The window."

"Oh." I said and she gave me one more kiss before I went downstairs. 

I drank my coffee and said goodbye to my parents. I went I left my house I saw Bailey leaning against my bike. 

"I have a surprise for you." I say walking up to her.

"Really what?" she asked curiously.

I produced the helmet I got her yesterday. "I got you your own because I know how much you really want me to wear a helmet too."

She took the helmet from me and gave me a hug, "Thank you." 

"No problem. Now get on or we're going to be late." I say and we drove off.

We entered the building and the brown haired girl ran up to us.

"Bailey you won't believe what just happen." 

Just as I was about to slip away Bailey grabbed my wrist. "Jackie this is Alex. Alex, Jackie."

"Hi." she said happily. I just stared at her with no emotion. I wasn't interested in being friends with anyone, except Bailey.

"I have to go to class." I mutter and break free from Bailey's grip and walk down the hall.

At lunch I go up to the roof and pray that Bailey hangs with her friends today. As much as I like her, she shouldn't be ditching her friends for me.

I guess I just admitted it to myself, I like Bailey. I thought I would never let myself like someone but here I am. 

My alarm rang and I headed back down into school. While I was walking down the hall somebody pushed me into a girl.

I watch as a boy pushes the girl into the pool and leaves laughing. The girl  starts falling around and yelling until she finally sinks and then rises again. Another girl in a bikini walks by and sees her in face down in the pool and immediately takes out her phone to call the cops. The bikini pulls the girl out of the pool and attempts to do CPR but it didn't work because she was already dead. I close my eyes and try to focus on the noise in the hallway at school and when I opened my eyes I saw Bailey's friend Jackie staring at me with concern.

"Are you ok?" Jackie asks concerned.

I glare at her and say "I'm fine." and start walking down the hall. She caught up and started walking with me.

"Are you sure? You spaced out for awhile."

"I'm fine. Now leave me alone." 

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked. 

I stopped abruptly in front of my class, "No. I just don't want to be having a conversation with you. Now leave me alone." I say and walk into my class.

After school I saw Bailey waiting for me and we walked to my motorcycle together.

"Do you not like Jackie or something?" 

"Jackie's fine, I'm just not interested in being friends with her." I say handing Bailey her helmet and putting on mine.

"Bailey, Alex wait!" I looked back towards the school. I sighed.

"Jackie what's up?" Bailey asks taking her helmet off.

"Alex is this your motorcycle?" she asked. I nodded.

"Do you think I can ride with you some time?" I scowled at her even though she couldn't see my face.

"Jackie what do you want?" Bailey asked.

"Oh right. Marcus is having a party tonight and everyone's invited."

"Cool."

"Yup. Ok I'll see you later." she said and ran off.

"Are you ready?" I ask annoyed.

"Yup" she said replied and put on her helmet. We drove out of the parking lot and to Bailey's house.

When we arrived I didn't get off my bike.

"Are you going to come in?"

"Nah. Are you going to that party?"

"I don't know. Why? You wanna go?" Bailey asked with a grin.

"No of course not. I was just wondering." I say defensively.

"Mhm. Right." she said giving a look.

"Yup. I'll see you tomorrow." I say giving her a long kiss.

"Bye." Bailey said.

"Bye." I said and drive away.

After my parents went to bed I got a couple bottles of tequila and gin and some soda. I also got a blanket to sit on, a cup and snuck out. I got the alcohol awhile back and kept in the back of my closet for moments like this, when I feel like partying by myself. Which I realize is just sad.

I walked to a park and set my blanket down and turned on music. I felt someone watching me and turned around and I was face to face with Bailey who kissed.

"How the hell did you know where I was?" 

"Uh...lucky guess?" she said glancing away.

"Sure, whatever." I say and mix some of the gin with the soda.

"What you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm drinking." I say and take a sip.

"Aren't you underage?" Bailey asked narrowing her eyes at me.

"It doesn't matter." I say giving her a kiss on the cheek. Bailey pouted and tapped her lips.

"What?"

"I want one on the lips too." she whined.

"Fine." I say rolling my eyes playfully and give her a kiss on the lips.

"I knew!" somebody screamed from the tree line. Bailey was up immediately and had the person pinned against a tree.

"Ricky what the hell are you doing here?" Bailey yelled letting him go.

"We wanted to see where you were going. Now pay up Peter."  Ricky said grinning. The rest of the guys stepped out of the shadows.

"Do you mind if we join you?" Peter asked grinning and headed over anyway.

"I can't stop you can I?" Bailey said reluctantly.

"Nope." Peter said popping the'p'. 

"Fine." Bailey said walking back to me and the boys cheered.