Chapter 20

"Okay Bailey, let me go." I say patting her arm.

"Nooo."

"Yes now let me go." 

"Nope, never." she said holding me tighter.

"Oh look my mom just called saying I need to come home right away." I say trying to wriggle out if her grip.

"Liar your phone didn't even ring."

"Bailey let me go." 

"I'll never let you go sweetheart."

"Ugh, please let me go."

"No."

"Why."

"Because if you go I'll miss you." she whined.

"Bailey you'll see me tomorrow. If I give you kiss will you let me go."

She thought about it for a second then nodded. I quickly kissed her on the cheek but instead of being freed Bailey held me closer.

"Bailey come on."

"It wasn't good enough."

I sighed and kissed her lips. Her grip loosened up and I took that opportunity to sneak out of her grasp.

She gasped, "Alex how could you?" 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say while getting on my bike.

"Don't leave me, I'll miss you." she whined.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say giving her a small smile and drive down the driveway.

If I'm being honest, I have no idea what I'm going to do now. I guess I could go get Bailey her own helmet, since she really wants me to have one. 

What has happened to me? I used to be able to find things to do on my own and have fun but now I just can't stop thinking about Bailey. Everything's changed.

I bought a helmet then headed home. Maybe this weekend I'll go to the roads that nobody uses and have some fun. 

Should I take Bailey with me? No, she'll hate it. She already doesn't like riding on the motorcycle, so she probably wouldn't like it. Not to mention she hates it when I go really fast. She doesn't have to fear for her life or mine, I'm an excellent driver.

I arrived home, said hi to my dad and went up to my room. A couple hours later I went downstairs for dinner. We talked about how Mom's co-worker met be having an affair with the boss.

When I entered my room after dinner, and decided to dye my  hair again. I know it's not really good to dye your hair so much but as my 8th grade literature teacher would say, it's a way to express myself.

I go into my bathroom and look in the cabinet. Let's see I have red, a reddish pink, a little bit of pink, and some blue. I decided to start with the red, then do the relish pink, and finally the pink for my tips.

I turned on some music and washed my hair with special shampoo to get a lot of the dye out so I didn't have to bleach my hair again. 

When I was done I sat in my bathtub playing a game. Suddenly I felt someone staring at me, so I looked up and saw Bailey standing there with a grin on her face.

"Holy fuck! Bailey what the hell are you doing here? How did you even find out where I live?" I say laying at her. 

"I have my ways. Also I missed you. What are you doing?" she asked sitting on the bathroom counter.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I said still glaring at her.

"I don't know." she said shrugging.

"I'm dying my hair you idiot." I say and just then my timer went off.

"What was that for?" she asked looking at me curiously.

"I need to rinse my hair, so if you would please leave." I say turning around and turning on the shower. I expected her to leave and sit on my bed but instead she came up behind me and ran her fingers through my hair, helping to rinse the excess out.

I dropped my hands to my sides and focused on Bailey's hands running through my hair. She turned me around and kissed me.

I broke away breathless. We were both soaking wet. I turned off the shower and grabbed the towel for my hair and stepped out of the tub. I grabbed a towel from my closet and wrapped it around myself.

"Hey, don't get a towel too?" Bailey said looking at me expectantly.

"Maybe." I say looking through my closet. Since Bailey was too tall I had to search through my oversized hoodies.

"What's that suppose mean?"

"It means, here are some clothes and a towel. So get changed." I said handing her a hoodie and shorts that I hoped would fit. I mean it's not my fault she's taller than me. 

I walked back out of the bathroom and closed the door. I quickly dry off and change into a hoodie and shorts. Just as I was done changing Bailey came out of the bathroom holding her wet clothes.

"Here I'll take your clothes and put them in the dryer." I say taking her clothes and the wet towel out her hands. "Stay here."

I leave my room and close the door behind me. I start the dryer and go downstairs to say goodnight to my parents then went back to my room.

Bailey was laying on my bed perfectly still. I walked into the bathroom and grabbed my hair dryer.

"What are you doing?"  

I jump and turned around to scowl at Bailey. "Will you stop doing that. I'm trying to dry my hair." I say starting the hair dryer. Bailey just watched me through the mirror.

When I was done I brushed it, and I had to say it looked pretty good.

"Do you like it?" I ask nervously. I don't know why I was nervous, I shouldn't care what Bailey thinks. But I do.

"It's wonderful." she said kissing my forehead.

"Thanks." I mumble and look away.

"Now what?" she said cheerfully.

"You leave."

"I can't I don't have my clothes." she said with a grin. 

I sigh, "Fine."

I made my way out of the bathroom and Bailey ran and jumped on my bed. I turned of my lights and grabbed my laptop.

"We're going to watch Netflix." 

We got in my bed and this time I didn't have to worry about my skin touching hers. I snuggled into Bailey's side and I have to admit it felt nice. It feels nice to be with someone, to feel protected. But I know now that I've had a taste of what it felt like to be with someone, I don't want to lose it.