Stronger together

"when life chases after you, you're busy running away. Why the game of hide and seek?"
-SEVENTEEN "home run"
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"So are you going to join me, or do you wish to fight me?"

"What's the point anyway. You are not going to win Evelyn, Dorian will never let go and we all know it!"

Evelyn groans in irritation. The amount of people who have decided they wanted to fight her today, despite knowing that they would loose, was astonishing. Did they have some sort of problem with her? Did they not fear the day she might become Queen and beat them up? She wouldn't, but still...

It's the first day of blood week. December 13th, a Monday.

Creepy music is played from the rusty, old speakers, setting the mood. Blood stains the floor in almost every hallway and classroom, and the students roam around. Some are hiding, some are looking for their next victim. Most of the students find joy in beating other people up, but they know their limits. They fight until they meet someone who is stronger than them, automatically giving up and setting their rank in the future "kingdom".

Some don't give up, like Evelyn, because they want to climb all the way to the top. Yet it seems like only Evelyn has a plan against Dorian, so it's clear the rest will fail.

"So you have decided to fight me then?"

The boy in front of her shrugs, and lifts up his fists. Evelyns friends back away, giving them enough room. But it doesn't take long before he is on the ground, admitting defeat.

Evelyn sighs as she realizes she has to prove her strength to everyone here, one at a time. She has to climb higher and higher, until she is face to face with Dorian. The Dorian, who hasn't shown up all day, so Evelyn guesses he'll show up for the final fight, on the last day. Just like she planned.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

The night is chilly, as fall is soon turning into winter.

It's the 14th of December, a Tuesday.

Jake was walking next to Allan, not holding his hand, but kinda wishing he was. It was totally 100% platonic, though, so...

Well anyway, despite the cold, Jake feels oddly warm.

He and Allan made up last week, and have actually spent the weekend getting to know each other. On Saturday they went to a cafe, and then walked around the town, showing each other their favorite spots. On Sunday Jake treated Allan to his favorite restaurant, and then they went to Allan's place, where Allan helped him with some schoolwork. Jake was honestly surprised on how well they fit together, and how much they had in common.

Allan treated him like a close friend, making sure he was always comfortable. It wasn't a date... it was a hangout. A hangout between two boys that have kissed, and one of them is courting the other, and they both like each other. But it's still not a date. It's a hangout.

In the middle of it all, Jake had managed to explain the Blood row high situation to Allan, who was very intrigued. So now they were on their way towards Evelyn's house, together, straight out of school.

"You don't think it's some sort of trap, do you?"

Allan asked Jake. He was surprised Jake had trusted Alex so quickly, even if he had bullied her in the past. Jake shrugged.