Epilogue

"Their jealousy makes you shiver, take my jacket and put it on"
-"MMMH" by KAI (EXO)
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"The final day, the final step. The final turn, the final word.

This is the end, but also the beginning. This is where our first chapter ends. After this we will walk on different paths. We will hate each other, love each other and cherish each other. Our memories will make us who we are today, even as we slowly forget them.

For some, this is just a simple ceremony to celebrate the end of school. For some, it's simply a gathering of everyone you have met during your final years of childhood. But I think we can all agree, that this is a chance to end the old and start fresh and new.

Sometimes our path up until now felt hard and impossible. We may have lost our friends or family on the way, we may have lost our childhood or interests. We are now different than what we used to be. Most of us are sadder and sicker, some of us are more mature. But we passed the road, we past our exams and our school years, and are now at the first finish-line.

The ones who stood beside us, our friends, might leave us behind. You might not be able to walk hand in hand on the same path anymore, we are no longer all apart of the same chapter, not even the same book. Our tree branches out now, and separates us from each other. But one day we will all look back, and feel some sort of connection to each other. No matter what, we are connected by our roots."

Jake
I walked out the school doors, out of my kingdom for the last time, holding my boyfriends hand. It was spring, the final day of school. From now on, real life starts.

The other students rushed out the school doors, dressed in light and breezy clothing for the warm spring weather. They jumped up on their bikes and rode away into the sunset, laughing and celebrating through the night. I didn't need a celebration, as long as I had Allan right by my side.

After a few months of official dating, we still hadn't exited the "honeymoon phase". Even though I am still a little shy with affection and love, Allan does that part for me well. He is a good teacher, that's all I can say.

And his eyes sparkle as he talks with his friends, Skye, Kyle, Violet and Alex. His friends, that are nowadays also my friends, although it took a lot of getting used to, from both sides. Together with Devon and Allan's friends, we joined Evelyn's friend group because of a similar goal that we have. Something that has brought us all together, even more than just us as well. People from all around the country are exited about... Well you'll see.

I continue to stare at Allan, while we walk towards Silver row high. We are going to meet Evelyn and the gang there, and then go to her house for a special meeting. Allan keeps talking with Kyle and Alex, not noticing my gaze even if we hold hands. But then his conversation ends, and he glances into my direction. Our eyes meet, and we both smile and burst out laughing while our friends shake their heads and mumble along the lines of "lovebirds, gross".

I think it's safe to say that I love Allan, and I hope that he loves me too. But even though I know that, their words still make me blush. I look down to hide my pink cheeks, while Allan co'os.

After a long walk we arrive at Silver row high, that looks a little better than before. The windows are fixed and the walls are painted. The yard is cleaned and the people standing on the courtyard don't look scary, rather they look just like the students at our school. I can feel the happiness and pride simply radiating off Allan as he sees his old school.