The beginning of the end

"When you become stronger, come and find me"
-NCT (U) "90s love"
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Jake has always wondered about his future.

Sure, now he is on top, the king of the school, the strongest in the city. He is the most respected 17 year old around, he could handle any situation. Jake has a big group of friends, and a big amount of support. He is the strongest of the strong, the best of the best. Even his grades are not that bad, at least when he tries a little. Who cares about grades anyways?

He can date whoever he wants, everyone falls for him eventually. His tall and strong body matched with his masculine and powerful personality is attractive to most, and so he rises even higher. Everything about him is currently great.

But what about in the future? Will things get better then? Will things get worse?

Jake wipes blood from his nose, and spits the iron filled red liquid from his mouth. He breathes heavily, looking at his tired opponent. As long as he wins, things will be fine. Jakes brown eyes wander towards Allan. The slightly smaller boy is working hard to beat his opponents, while his eyes glint in happiness. Allan seems to be enjoying this.

Maybe this is what he is meant to do.

The thought of it hits him suddenly, as Dorian raises his fist for another attack, and he doges it perfectly. Jakes bruised knuckles aim for Dorians jaw as well, but he misses and hits him in the shoulder instead.

Maybe writing societies wrongs through fighting is going to become his future. He looks over at Allan again, who has just landed a perfect punch in someone's face. Allan's opponent falls unconscious, and Allan smiles menacingly at him. Maybe this is also what Allan is going to do in the future, although when it comes to him he isn't so sure.

Allan is different from Jake, that's sure. Allan says that he doesn't like violence, and that he only does it to protect the ones that he loves. But in a society like this one, where schools are barely taken care of, and gangs and mafias run free... who doesn't need to be protected? The realization is big for Jake, when he gets a small glimpse into their possible future. It fits so well, a gang that fights for the good. Yeah... that sounds like something he would be interested in.

Jake doesn't have much more time to think, because Dorian goes in for his next attack. He looks tired and annoyed, but his force is still there.

With a strength like none other, Dorian manages to push Jake to the floor. He only gets to throw one successful punch, before Jake rolls them around and punches back. They continue tumbling around on the floor, and the crowd goes wild at the intense fighting. When they are so close, they can't take any short breaks, since every move is needed to win.

Jake growls as he turns them around;
"Weakling"
He grits out.

Dorian manages to laugh through his struggle, but it comes out as restrained.
"At least I'm not gay, your a girl aren't you"

Jake laughs, but his laugh sounds more humorous than Dorians. At the same time Dorian turns them around and aims for his face. They both continue to struggle.
"I'm a girl? Well I guess that just means that I managed to keep up a fight with you- doesn't it. You couldn't even touch Evelyn you little pathetic sh*thead"

Dorian screams out in anger, and struggles even harder to get his arms out of Jakes grip. Jake frowns as he tries to kick Dorian off him.
"I went easy on Evelyn!"