Trap

"There is no mercy, no mercy, my heart is privacy
It doesn't matter what you do
I just want you to be unhappy"- PENTAGONS "DAISY"
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"You got everything you need?"

Allan didn't want his voice to break, but he wasn't sure if he could keep himself steady. At first this had seemed like a good idea, it is a good idea, but... now that its really happening, he doesn't know if...

Jake needs to fight Dorian today, he needs to do it for all of them. Evelyn is going to fight Dorian any minute now, she's counting on them to finish what she's going to start. Everyone is going to count on them, on Jake. Everything is perfect, the plan, the timing and Jakes condition. Nothing is wrong, yet it feels like everything is upside down. Allan doesn't want Jake to fight anymore, he can't bare it anymore. But there is no going back.

"I got everything, we gotta go"

Allan nods, and they start walking towards silver row high from their school. The day isn't over yet, it's lunch break, but sometimes there are more important things than school. Jake isn't worried at all, it's not like his brothers would care about him skipping. Why would they anyway? They were just like him when they were young, Tommy still is.

Their walk is quiet and Jake notices that the air is tense. It's also chilly, since it's December already and frost fills the ground. Jake pulls down his hat over his ears and turns to his... to Allan.

"You good?"

Allan thinks that he should be the one to ask that. It's not him who is going to fight Dorian today, the pressure isn't on him. Jake is the one who was crying yesterday, probably because the stress was becoming to much to handle. So why is Jake asking him if he's fine, when he should be taking care of himself instead?

"I'm fine, you're the one that has to fight today"

Allan can't help but use a slightly bitter tone when he says it. He doesn't like it, that's all. But it's not up to him, it's up to Jake and all the others. Allan left Silver row high, Allan is a coward. Jake isn't.

Jake is quiet for awhile, but then he looks over again.

"You don't like it, do you? You don't like the fight I'm going to have today"
Jake says simply. He's used to saying things as they are, and not hiding from the truth. Unless you're talking about his gayness of course...

Allan looks at Jake with a guilty expression. Yeah he doesn't like it, he doesn't want Jake getting hurt. There you have it.

"I know how important this is, I'm thankful that you are doing this..."

"But you don't like it."
He says factually.

Jake stops walking and turns around towards Allan. He doesn't even have time to stop before Jake looks into his eyes with an expression that he has never seen before. Or has he?

"Where are those fearless eyes I'm used to seeing? You were the one who brought me real confidence, so why are you stopping now?"

Allan steps back at the bold confession. He can't help but blush at the kind words, but it's obviously not seen because of the biting cold. Where did his confidence go? When it comes to Jake, he doesn't have any confidence right now.

"Where are the scary eyes that brought the king of Lake view high into submission"

Once again Allan's eyes widen at his bold words. He can't help but smirk at that one, wow baby's getting brave? Finally admitting that he's definitely not the top in whatever relationship they are going to have-