Jakes questions

"Never take a break, always working overtime"
-NCT  U "make a wish"

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Music plays softly in the background, creating a special feeling to the atmosphere around Jake. He often uses music as a form of relaxation, because he didn't need to focus on anything else. All he needs to do is focus on the melody and beat, depending on the song.

Jake doesn't listen to hard rock or rap or whatever anyone thinks he listens to. He didn't find those kinds of music relaxing at all, and he only uses music for relaxation.

No it isn't though guy music that is playing in the background, it's kpop. One of his biggest secrets is the fact that he loves kpop, or at least the music. It was mostly because the kindhearted people who often sang these kpop songs helps him get away from reality, and he doesn't need to focus on the lyrics because he doesn't understand Korean.

So, as the soft rhythm of "faded in my last song" from NCTs new album played, Jake was laying down on the floor, looking up towards the ceiling.

There were only a few days until his fight with Dorian, and Jake had been training non stop. Even if he seemed confident about his skills, he was quite a perfectionist. Jake wanted to make sure he would win, and preferably without any bigger bruises. Not only would that humiliate that idiot Dorian, but Jake would also feel a lot more at ease.

So he punched his punching bag, lifted his weights and ran dozens of miles, all for his condition. It was Wednesday, and he had started training on Friday, when he first heard about it. Truth to be told, he had been a little on edge, fearing that Dorian might jump him at any second.

And then there was Allan, whom he had spent more and more time with for the past week. They would walk from and to school together, they would text all evening and do homework together. It was all so new to Jake, everything about it.

He had never had a true friend like that before, or cared about his homework, or texted anyone for that long. Jake might be clueless, but he wasn't an idiot. He knew that He liked Allan, and that they were probably going to get together soon. He knew that Allan was courting him, and he knew more about Allan now than ever before.

His favorite food, sport, artist, city and subject in school were all stapled into Jakes head. He knew about Allan's family, about his hobbies and his past schools and future dreams. Jake hadn't hesitated for a second when it was his turn to talk. Allan knew about his favorites, hobbies, dreams and family. Jake had been scared that Allan wouldn't have liked him after getting to know him, but it was quite the opposite. They where now closer than ever, and Jake wondered how he had ever been able to live without Allan before.

But the closer Jake gets to Allan, the more pressure about Friday he feels. He doesn't want to disappoint Allan or Allans friends in any way, even if the odds are in his favor.

So here he is, exhausted after yet another five miles of running and several pushups and punches. Laying on the floor, trying to catch his breath, because he can't stop now. He is not even halfway there yet, still five more miles to run and several sit-ups and other exercises to do.

But then the front door to their rusty apartment slams open, and Jake panics.

He quickly sits up and turns off the music, hoping to dear God whoever just came in didn't hear it. With a beating heart he listens to any clues about who it could be, through his broken bedroom door.