Crystal tears

"You know we never let each other go
Someone who can handle this kind of love" -Monsta X "Love killa"
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
————————————————————————————————————————————

Its only one day left. Thursday. It's Thursday, oh god.

Only one day left. One day, one day... it chants in my head like a mantra. Tomorrow is Friday, the day when everything will fall into place. The day when I get to mold Dorians face with my fist, punch and kick him until he gives up. He has to give up, he doesn't belong among the Kings. Only strong people can be king, sure, but also people who are smart and patient. That's so not Dorian, he's couldn't be smart or patient no matter how hard he tried.

But it doesn't matter, because he isn't going to get another chance to be king. Never again.

I trust Evelyn, and I hope she uses that trust for only good things. I'm tired of always having to keep blood row high under control.

So yeah, it's Thursday, and I'm now more stressed than ever. Devon and Chad don't seem to notice, because they walk by my side like usual. It's weird how things can be so different in your life, but people who don't know about it won't change. It's like when I'm with them, I'm back in the past. They are living in the past, and I'm running too fast away from them, leaving them behind.

But they don't notice. They haven't noticed that I slip away more often, and spend my days with Allan instead. I don't hang out anymore, and I don't talk with them that much either. But it's only been a week, so I guess they might think I'm just sick or something. It's still weird though.

And just like usual, the bell rings for class. And just like always, we keep walking slowly, as everyone else hurries off. We are strong and popular, so the teachers can't do anything even if we come late to class every day. I push the door open to science class, Devon and some others in tow.

The teacher is a usual bore, not even looking as we come in. It's the usual, tasks and homework that needs to be checked, tests that need to be given out and lectures that need to be held. Almost like I'm not going to fight Dorian tomorrow, almost like it's a completely normal day. Like I haven't trained all week long, or hung out with Allan every day.

The class goes on, and the teacher keeps babbling about Atoms or molecules or whatever is going on. I can count on Allan to explain it to me later, so I can't bother to listen. I think back to yesterday, when Jimmy and Tommy saw my test scores. I wonder if they were proud...

Then I look out the window, at the gray weather outside. The birds are flying by and the final autumn leaves are falling down. Suddenly a raindrop hits the window. And then another drop, and then four more... and now it's raining. Drip drip drip, I can't focus on anything else.

And so the whole class went by, just like that. The bell rings and students rush out the door, but I can't find the energy to get up.

All of my friend group leaves for our long break, only Devon stays behind. He looks at me for awhile, his brown eyes shining without an emotion. It's a silence that only Devon can create. He then stands up and packs my bag without a word. It's always like that with Devon, he understands me. The clocks ticks by in silence as he zips up my bag and gives my shoulder a pat.

Instead of getting up, I slam my head to the desk. Devon doesn't flinch or say anything at all, because he understands.

"I'm tired. Really tired"

Devon looks at me for awhile in silence. The clock ticks and the raindrops keep hitting the window rhythmically. Drip drip drip.

"I'm tired too"