Sixty

trigger warning- panic attack

-Finding Hope-

-but it seems to useless-

-when i'm wondering where we went wrong-

The rest of November passed with not much going on. The whereabouts of Harry, Ron, and Hermione were silent, and the end of December came.

Usually, the Head Boy and Girl would arrange Christmas decorations to be put up and let the festive spirit roam throughout the school. However, Snape seemed to hold an extreme dislike for the holiday, and didn't let Vena and Draco plan anything.

Draco didn't mind. He didn't care for those types of things, and saw it as extra work he didn't have to do.

But while Christmas wasn't Vena's favorite holiday, she thought that the students needed some spirit and liveliness in the school. How naive it was of Vena to think that Snape and the Carrows would allow a thing like that.

She was disappointed that she couldn't raise the festivities and that Hogwarts would still be dreadful and unbearable.

Vena's disappointment only grew further when Snape had called the two into his office a week before break. She entered the Headmaster office, for the first time ever, and was shocked to see rows and rows of paintings of the old headmasters.

The one she was not prepared to see, was Dumbledore. He smiled pleasantly at Draco and Vena, as if they had not spent last year trying to kill him.

While Vena knew that paintings were only impressions of those that died, it didn't make Vena any less uncomfortable seeing him again.

His smile reminded Vena of that night he had died.How he looked as if he were expecting them. Like he knew that they were going to be there, ready to kill him.

It unnerved her.

Snape, who was by a pensive, gestured for the two to sit. She obliged, and Snape swiftly moved to sit at his desk.

He clasped his hands tightly, before pursing his lips. "You're mother has sent me a letter this morning. She said that she does not wish for you two to come home for christmas. She says you are to stay here, where it is safe."

"But mother promised! You can't possibly think that we're going to let her stay at that Manor by herself for any longer. She can't be alone," Draco said hotly.

Snape showed no remorse. "She made it very clear that you are not leaving. She doesn't want you to be there. I agree."

"Who cares what you think!" Draco argued.

Vena wanted to interject, but decided not to. She decided that Draco had it all covered, and hopefully his temper tantrum would get them to go home.

She paid attention to the heated exchange between Snape and her brother, but let her eyes drift around the office.

Dumbledore's painting was still smiling strangely at her, and she averted her eyes out of guilt. She couldn't handle seeing his face again.

She continued to look around the room, taking note of the books and tapestries of various potions. One thing had caught her attention though; it appeared to be a sword.

Godric Gryffindor's sword, to be exact. Vena knew what it looked like from the pictures in a book about the Hogwarts founders. There were sections, each talking in detail about the four leaders.