Thirty One

-A Little Death-

-make me feel like i am breathing-

-feel like i am human again-

The following morning, Vena and Draco were seen sitting at the end of the Slytherin table. She could see Stella and Cho stare at them every couple of minutes, before looking away.

She wished they would stop looking. She wished that they would just get the message and forget about her.

The twins sat in silence, before two figures sat down next to them.

"Now, are you two going to tell us why you both look like the Manor hasn't been feeding you? Please don't tell me that your elves went on strike," Theo said from beside her, taking a bite from Vena's apple.

The twins rolled their eyes. "The house elves aren't on strike, Theo," Vena said resigned.

"Then why are you two sharing this twin-depression?" Theo asked loudly, receiving stares from some of the younger Slytherins sitting nearby.

"We aren't depressed," Draco snapped.

Theo and Blaise shared disbelieving looks.

"What about Quidditch?" Blaise asked, looking back and forth between the twins with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Well, I told them that I wouldn't be playing this year and that I think you would be the perfect Captain," Draco said, clapping Blaise on the back.

"You? Giving up an authority position?" Theo questioned.

"Yes, Theo."

"And you, Vena?" Blaise interjected.

She sighed, playing with the apple stem, twirling it counterclockwise. "I just didn't feel like playing, that's all."

More like she wanted to spend all of her time helping her brother kill their headmaster. And Vena didn't think that Harry would appreciate her scheduling conflicts.

It was obvious that Blaise didn't believe her, but he dropped the subject.

Theo would've probably pushed for more information if he wasn't distracted by the class schedules that Snape was handing out.

"Schedules! Yes!" He said energetically, like an excited puppy.

The other three shared hidden smirks.

"I'll be right back, I need to go to Professor McGonagall," Vena said, dismissing herself from the table and going over to the Gryffindor table.

She walked over, and quirked her mouth the tiniest bit so Harry could see that she acknowledged him. He noticed, and his eyes lit up immediately.

"Oh, good, Ms. Malfoy," Professor McGonagall said, before frowning. "Where is your tie?"

Vena stopped, and opened her mouth for an excuse. Vena forgot that the only class she will wear her tie is for Professor McGonagall's class. And the only reason is because McGonagall deducts points for not wearing their full uniform, even if it's from her own house.

And there was no way that Vena was going to get points removed from Gryffindor. She didn't need another reason for her house to hate her.

"I lost it," she said, wincing at the lame excuse.

Professor McGonagall pursed her lips, but handed Vena her schedule without another comment.

She was blessed to have earned Outstandings in all classes except for History of Magic and Herbology, for which she had earned an Acceptable. She also dropped Care of Magical Creatures and Arithmancy, and instead took up Alchemy.