Ten

-I Wanna Be Yours-

-secrets i have held in my heart-

-are harder to hide than I thought-

Coming back to school after Christmas break was one of the worst feelings ever.

It was horrible; there was no long break until early April, which was months away. Not to mention how Professors expected the students to retain the information over break.

It was unrealistic of them, and Vena decided they needed to bump down their expectations a few notches. It was simply too much.

After a particular difficult day in Potions, Professor Snape had told her to stay after. When the last person had left them room, Vena had walked up to Snape's desk. "What is it, Sir?"

Snape sighed, and put down the pile of essays on his desk. "You mother has been asking me for some time to teach you Legilimency. Not every Rosier woman is born with this power, and has to be taught later in their life. By the time your mother was your age, she had already mastered the element. She wants me to start giving you lessons."

"I'm going to learn Legilimency?" Vena asked excitedly.

"I believe I just said that, Miss Malfoy," Snape said flatly.

"Right."

"Also," Snape began, "I do not think you will be able to master the art by the end of the year. With how difficult it was of you to control your Occlumency, I doubt you will be experienced by the end of term. This is okay, though. If I think you are not ready to continue, then you will not, understand?"

Vena nodded eagerly, just happy that she gets to further her mind capabilities. She made her way towards the door, when Snape had stopped her.

"Headmaster Dumbledore has asked me to teach Mr. Potter occlumency. His first lesson will be yours as well. But I have no problem with stepping in if I feel you are not challenging him enough. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir."

Snape nodded, and resumed to looking over the essays. "You are to come here tonight at nine o'clock. Also, Headmaster Dumbledore does not want people to know that Potter is learning Occlumency. If asked you whereabouts, you are to say you are doing extra assignments for Potions."

"Okay, Sir. I'll see you tonight," she said, leaving the classroom.

___________

That night, Vena and Harry both seemed to be watching the clock. At ten till nine, both had gotten up from their respective seats in the common room, and made their way to the portrait.

Harry looked at her curiously. "Why are you leaving?"

Vena smiled sheepishly. "I have to go to Snape's too. I'll explain once we get out of here, too many people that can listen in, you know."

Harry nodded, and waited for her to get out first before following right after.

"Okay, can you keep a secret?" She asked Harry, who had nodded immediately. "Alright. I'm a natural-born occlumens. It's a genetic skill to the women in my bloodline, thanks to my grandmother. But some women in my bloodline are also master at Legilimency."

Harry looked confused, his brows furrowing as he processed what Vena had told him. "Legilimency is when you can go through someone's memories. Snape is a master at both, so he wants to kill two birds with one stone and teach us at the same time."