Chapter 1

"Shawn's P.O.V"

"You promise?" Camron asked me trying to tie me up one more time to the offer I made, so I could convince him to hang up. I've been on the phone with him for the past 45 minutes and I couldn't wait to finally say goodbye. Don't get me wrong. I love this little boy, and how smart he is, but he sure can get a nigga tired.

"I promise, now lemme talk to your mom."

"Okay." He said happily, "good night, I love you." I smiled and shook my head a little at how soft his momma got this boy, but I love it though, her kindness, especially when it comes to him is one of the things, I love the most about her.

"Good night buddy, I love you too." I heard him talking to his mother through the phone and then I heard her sending him to bed.

"Hi..." Julie said softly on the phone, finally getting to speak. I could hear from her voice she was just as tired as me, "I thought he wouldn't let you go." She chuckled, filling me with life as she did. I haven't seen them in a few months and its driving me crazy. I miss them so much. I live for those calls with them now.

"That's okay, I'm still walking home. I need the strength to get there." I had answered to my phone to Camron when I was just leaving the studio, and I stayed with him for the whole walked to the subway, then the whole ride, and then almost the whole walk home, I'm just a few blocks away now.

"You were still working? You should take your bed to that place. Youve been leaving there later and later." I could clearly picture her with her legs stretched on the couch, using her shoulder to hold the phone as she used her hands to play with her hair and her head slightly shaking from side to side "You know walking home at this time of the night came be dangerous. You should at least get a cab."

"I'm fine baby girl, don't worry." I chuckled a little again, "I'll be home in a minute. Tell me about you?" She usually has very similar stories to tell every day, but I still enjoyed listening to it.

"Same old, same old, a bunch of perverts showing up at all times of the day, spending over an hour to choose a damn movie, like them weren't all the same things." She said tiredly, in a mocking tone.

"They are not the same, trust me." There are many kinds of porn movies and you cannot hush a man into picking one. Hell... they'll most likely spend the most precious time of their day watching it.

"Seriously, if they put the same amount of time into having a conversation with a woman... Hell if they spent a little more time brushing those hideous hairs, they would be getting laid, instead of jacking off alone." Her voice was filled with disgust and it made me laughed loudly. She's been working in this video store for like a year now, and she still didn't get over the adult's section audience.

"I'm taking my time to talk to a pretty woman and I'm still not getting laid." I joked.

"Well, that's because you work way too much." Her words made me sigh, "I'm going to bed now. You get home safe okay?"

"iight, good night." I managed to hold the phone with my shoulder as I fished for some gum in my pocket to pop. I was so hungry. I can't wait to finish off that pizza from last night.

"Good night, I love you."

"Love you too." I ended the call and pulled the gum pack out of my pocket.

I was just about to put the gum back along with my phone when I heard a whistle, then someone say "Hey", only to turn around to meet some guy hid under a hoody, along with the gun in his hand pointed at my face.