Chapter 9

Beyoncé's P.O.V

Two days has passed since patient 1204 woke up. I still call him like that, because to be honest I still don't know his name, and I guess I never will. I know his wife called him something, but I was so shocked to see him awake, I didn't pay much attention.

I would be lying if I say that I didn't think about him and didn't miss him. I actually missed the conversations I had with him. I told him things that I was never able to tell Paige or Riley. Maybe I did that because I knew he wouldn't remember any of that.

"Hello Miss Parker, it's time for your dinner" I said bringing the tray with her plate in her room. Miss Parker is here since this morning, she was in a serious car crash, but she's already doing better now.

"Thank you sweetie, and can you do me a favor?" she asked nicely.

"Sure."

"Can you get that frown off your face? I bet you look so much better without it" she said, kind of getting me by surprise.

"I'm sorry. It was a tough day for me." I said. And it really was. Today was actually one of the days when I didn't enjoy my job. Three patients didn't make it. And even if I learned how to deal with that kind of situation, it's still hard for me when one of my patients die.

"Well it will be better tomorrow." she said smiling.

"I hope so." I said smiling as well before walking out.

"For how long you're working today?" Riley asked me when he saw me at the front desk.

"Actually I'm done for today."

"Really? Lucky you, I have to stay for another two hours." he said not sounding really happy about it.

"It's not that bad. I see you tomorrow."

"Alright, bye"

After I changed, I walked to the elevator to go home. I was actually debating with myself if I should go to the unit where patient 1204 is laying, but I know I shouldn't, I bet that his wife is there along with their son. Yeah, I definitely should go home and mind my own business. He is doing well and that's the only thing that matters.

"Ouch." I said when I bumped into someone "I'm sorry, I didn't see you. You're ok?" I asked the little boy.

"Yes." he said on the verge of tears.

"Hey, don't cry. Where is your mommy?" I asked bending down. If I remember right, this little boy is actually patient's 1204 son. Why are things like that always happening to me?

"I don't know." he said wiping his tears away.

"C'mon I will take you back. I think I know where your mommy is." I said reaching my hand out waiting for him to take it. "It's ok I will bring you back to your mommy." I said smiling at him.

"Ok." he said, finally taking my hand.

I walked back into the elevator with him to bring him to the unit where his father and mother were.

"Camron, I was going crazy. How many times I have to tell you to not leave without me?" his mother said as soon as she saw him stepping out of the elevator.

"I'm sorry." he said sadly.

"I found him near the entrance and I thought I should bring him back." I said.