Chapter 13

Shawn's P.O.V

"Do you have somewhere to go or something?" My doctor asked me.

"Uh...?" I looked at him confused "No, why?"

"Nothing, it's just that you seem anxious to leave."

That's because I was anxious. I was back at the hospital for my physiotherapy session, and I knew how important this was, but all I could think about was to be done with it so I could go see Beyoncé.

"Oh no, I'm just uh... tired" I tried to cover up with a lie.

"Alright then, I think I can give you a break today, but next time we push it a little harder okay?"

"Sure" I said smiling.

Hopefully next time I won't need to be at the hospital to see Beyoncé. I would have taken her out already, so I wouldn't need to go to her unit to see her. And I know I said it would be crazy to ask her out, but she didn't seem to think it was crazy when I talked about going out for dinner, so maybe it's okay. Besides, I really don't think I can stay away from her.

I got my stuff and walked as fast as I could manage to the elevator and pressed the button to Beyoncé's floor. When I got out, I didn't need to walk much to find her, but she wasn't alone. She was in the hallway talking to a man. It actually was Dr. White. Now that I see them together, I remember her talking about him. Yeah, she liked him and he didn't notice. He had a girlfriend. Man, how can someone be able to pay attention to any other woman when you can have Beyoncé? The man is a fool. I kept watching them and I noticed she wasn't paying attention to him like I would think she would. I mean, she actually looked like she couldn't wait to walk away. I kept watching and he walked one way and she walked to another. Then she saw me standing there. Damn, the smile that cracked on her face made my heartbeat quicken so fast.

"Hi" She said when she approached me "So you're here again...?"

"Yeah I mean, I was at the hospital for my physiotherapy and I thought I would stop by and say hi"

"Hi Shawn" She smiled at me even harder than before.

"Hi Beyoncé" I chuckled.

"So how's your leg? Does it feel better?"

"Yeah, it does" I nodded "I'll be as new soon"

"I bet" She nodded as well "And I bet you can't way to go back to doing everything you used to do before"

"Mhmm, I miss working so much, I can't stand being at home anymore"

"Well, you need to rest, you should enjoy that. You'll get tired pretty fast, even if you enjoy your job like I do. You'll still get tired"

"I know, but I miss that too" I laughed.

We looked at each other for a minute while silence filled our conversation and I figured she probably would say she needs to go back to work now, so I should tell her what I came here to say already.

"Look, I-" I started, but once again I wasn't able to finish.

"Ms. Knowles, when you're done there, can I see you for a minute?" A woman said and by the look at Beyoncé's face, I would say it was her boss.

"Sure" Beyoncé nodded.

When she looked at me, I smiled at her to let her know that I understood that she would have to go.