Chapter 6

Julie's P.O.V

After I dropped Camron at school I went to the hospital as fast as I could. I hope God answered my prayers and in less than an hour, I'm gonna see my brother.

"Hi my name is Julie Carter. I'm here because I'm looking for my brother. The police told me that a man was admitted here with no identification. It may be him." I said to a nurse that was doing some paperwork at the front desk.

"We have a patient here since a few weeks that we have no information about. He is in the intensive care. You can go upstairs, I'm going to inform the unit and they will take care of you." she said after checking something on the computer.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I think the next 10 minutes were the longest of my life. I've never been that nervous. It felt like it took the nurse forever to show up.

"Hello, are you Mrs. Carter?" A young nurse asked me.

"Yes, I'm looking for my brother." I said standing up.

"We are taking care of a patient since a little bit over three weeks. We couldn't find any information about him. He is in a very serious condition, but before I can tell you more, we should go and see if he is really your brother, then I'll take you to his doctor. He will explain everything to you."

"Ok. Thank you." I nodded nervously.

"By the way, what's his name?" She asked while we were walking to his room.

"Shawn, his name is Shawn Corey Carter." I said.

"Now that you say it, he kind of looks like a Shawn." She smiled a little. "Here he is." She said opening the door to his room.

The moment I saw him my heart sank into my stomach...

"He... he is not my brother." I said with a shaking voice.

"I'm sorry." she said obviously feeling bad for me.

"I just thought that I finally find him. I thought this nightmare was over." I said when we were outside of that young man's room.

"I hope you find your brother soon." She said rubbing my back.

"I hope that too, and I hope his family finds him" I said referring to the man I just saw "Thank you for your time." I shook her hand and walked away.

I really had my hopes high that the man in there was my brother. I can't even describe how I feel right now. I can't go on like this. I want this nightmare to be over, I want my brother back.

*****

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"Excuse me? I'm looking for nurse Knowles?" A young woman asked me shortly after stepping out of the elevator.

"That's me" I smiled and shook her hand.

"Oh, I'm Glenda Banks, I'm here to see my husband." She said anxiously. I could tell she couldn't wait to see him.

"I'm so happy that his family is finally here." I said smiling. I have to confess I stared at her for a minute longer trying to picture them together. So that's patient's 1204 wife? She's very pretty.

"Thank you for everything you have done for him." She said a little emotional.

"Oh no, you don't need to thank me, that's my job. By the way what's his name?" I asked curiously.