Chapter 3

Julie's P.O.V

"Cameron, tell me if you spot our luggage." I said to my son when we finally arrived in New York.

"Okay."

I know that he must feel so confused and has no idea of what is really going on. I still didn't have the courage to tell him that his uncle is missing. Shawn is like a father to him. He's actually the only father he knows since his real father doesn't give a damn about him. He keeps asking about Shawn all the time and why he doesn't call him anymore. Shawn used to call him every night to talk about his day and some boys stuff, and now there is nothing...

"Mommy where are we?" he asked me.

"We are in New York baby."

"Where Uncle Shawn is living?" he asked already getting excited.

"Yes." I said smiling weakly because I know I'll have to explain everything and that it will probably break his heart.

"That's ours mom" Camron said pointing to our bags that were finally coming.

"Ok c'mon." I took the bags and we walked out so we could get a cab. It took me forever to find out where my brother is actually living. The brother of an old friend of mine is a police officer in Atlanta and he found out for me, if it wasn't for him I would still be clueless.

Shawn's been living in New York for only 5 weeks. He moved over here because he got a really good job offer to be an art teacher at a private school. Which school? I have no idea, but I will definitely find out.

At first Shawn wanted to turn it down because of Camron and me, but I insisted that he should take it because it was a great opportunity for him. Now. how I regret that I kind of forced him to come.

It took us 40 minutes to arrive at my brother's place. He was living in a nice apartment complex. The neighborhood seemed nice too. It wasn't ghetto or anything like I thought it was. I guess I've watched way too many of those movies where people come to New York for a better job opportunity and end up living in a very scary place and has an awful time trying to get used to the city until they finally have a happy ending.

"How we gonna get in now?" I thought out loud.

"Ring, Uncle Shawn will open for us." Camron said smiling.

"He's not at home." I said.

In that moment someone was getting out and that was my cue to get in. Before I went to look for Shawn's apartment I stopped to look in his mail box. It was so full that most of his mails were sticking out of it. I took all the mail with me and went to look for my brother's apartment.

"Let's see if we're in luck." I said looking under the mat but of course there was no key there, then I fumbled over the door but there was no key either.

"Maybe under the fire drencher." Cameron suggested. I looked under there and there it was, for real. Now let's just hope it's the one to his door.

"Yesss, very good baby" I said when the door open.

We got in and looked around. I could see that no one has been here for a while. There were dirty dishes in the sink with old food, dirty clothes in the bathroom and all kind of things lying around.

"When is Uncle Shawn coming home?" my son asked sitting down on the couch.

"I don't know Camron. That's why we are here. we have to look for him." I started carefully.