Chapter 24

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"Are you nervous?" I asked getting on my tiptoes to place a kiss on my boyfriend's lips while putting my arms around his neck.

I had just finished packing to go to my mom's and although bringing Shawn was my idea, I confess I was getting nervous with the thought of introducing him to my family.

"No" He simply shrugged "Should I?"

"No, I just... I'm kind of anxious"

"I know. I also can't wait" He smiled and placed another kiss on my lips "Now you know what can calm you down a little?"

"What?" I asked eyeing him suspiciously as the sweet smile on his face turned into a grin.

"Giving me a massage on my back. It's killing me" His grin broke into a painful expression and I laughed a little.

"Babe, we don't have time, we have to leave in an hour" I argued as he pulled me towards the bed.

"Just for a few minutes, I really need it" He complained "I love working, but this few days off will be good for me, those classes are wearing me out"

"You should take easier on it" I said climbing on the bed with him, finally giving in and taking his shirt off to give him a quick massage. It was only fair. Every time I ask him to massage my feet he does it without hesitation.

*****

"Look babe, over there was where I got my first kiss." I said as we drove to my mom's place and I kept spotting all the familiar places from my childhood and teenage years.

"I want to meet that mother..." He joked.

"You're so silly." I said shaking my head.

"Babe I really have no problem getting a taxi, but why no one picked us up from the airport?"

"Because no one knows that we're coming. I want to surprise everyone." I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You should have told them you're bringing someone with you."

"Shawn, relax it's not that serious."

"I still think you should have called them." He mumbled while looking out of the window.

"They will love you just like I do." I said turning his face and kissing him.

"Well, maybe now I'm a little nervous" He said squeezing my hand.

"You really don't need to be, they will probably be really happy I'm finally bringing someone home"

That was actually one of the best parts of bringing Shawn. Finally there won't be questions about me seeing someone and my mom won't be talking about all the single guys in town trying to fix me up on a date.

I saw Shawn taking a deep breath when we picked up our luggage and walked up to my mom's front door and I grabbed his hand to calm him down. It was cute to see him like that, although my own heartbeat was increasing too.

"Bey...? Oh hi sweetie. I didn't know you were coming, what are you doing here?" My mom greeted me when she saw me coming in.

"I wanted to surprise you for your birthday" I said hugging her.