Tuesday

TUESDAY

Since they were nearing the end of the term as well as the end of the final year of the program, there were continuously more assignments and projects being handed out in all of Samantha's courses and her free time between classes, which she used to use for her housework and errands, was now taken up almost entirely with school work. Some days it was easier to just stay on campus and settle into a table in the library but other times she found it too distracting and took her books to study in the park, finding a nice shady tree to sit under.

Usually on her tree-days she sat alone but today she wanted Emma Kate so had called her friend that morning to see if she would be free to meet.

"I'm so sorry, Sam but I took a couple of shifts at the bookstore for Sean. He's flunking his business class so had to get a tutor and give up some shifts. Lucky for me because I can use the money and his shifts line up pretty good with my breaks. My boss is letting me tweak the hours to make them fit."

"No problem, that's okay. Just thought that we could catch an hour together but I'm not really sure that I would have been great company anyway. I'm swamped at the moment. Thank goodness that I had the weekend off and got all of my laundry and housework caught up because school is definitely taking over." 

 She felt a twinge of guilt at not telling Emma Kate about Nathan Moore, but knowing her friend as well as she did, wanted to wait until they were face to face.  She did take a moment to think back about the rest of her weekend though, and memories  of the steamy kisses that she had shared with Adam in her tiny laundry room made her smile.

"Okay, Sam. Text me later. Gotta go. Love you".

"Love you too".