Chapter 31

Adam and Jamie had just finished their dinner break earlier when Sergeant Lyle had called.

"Adam, I took a call from Samantha Kincaid. Moore stopped by her work and left a rose for her. He's already gone. Had someone else deliver it. I'm going to send a patrol around but want you two to keep an eye out for him if you go by that way.

Cursing under his breath, "When did she call Sarge?"

"About twenty minutes ago. Why? What's the problem?"

Sighing, Adam said "I meant to come in to tell you before shift but Samantha and I now have a personal relationship."

"McCabe" came the warning from the Sarge.

"Sorry, Sarge. I'm in it. Jamie and I will swing around there. You can call patrol off, we're about ten or fifteen minutes away"

"Fine." A pause. "I like that girl, Adam, from what little I know about her. You better make sure that you do this right"

"I plan on it"

Hanging up he started to get angry all over again. "We need to head to Samantha's work. Moore was there playing games"

Glancing at his friend and partner, Jamie made a turn at the next intersection. Choosing his words carefully "I get that you're pissed that she didn't call you, Adam, but you can't go in there and yell at her. You'll make it worse"

Adam glared at him and started to say something before he nodded and turned to the window.