chapter twenty three.

Claudia eventually got up and faced reality. Janis sent her support from the kitchen. Her and Loraine were about to have carrot cake and lemonade in the backyard. She knew Claudia would want to be alone.

The English teacher approached the front door and opened it once again. Only this time it wasn't Ben. Edward waved at her then walked past her as if Ben wasn't in that very spot minutes ago. Claudia was more confused than ever.

"Where's mother dearest?" Edward strolled into the kitchen. He found the baked goods Janis had made. He grabbed a cookie and ate it while trying to find the juice boxes.

"Outside . . . what? Ben was here," Claudia watched Edward nod while chewing on the cookie. "and now he's not. Explain!"

Edward swallowed his cookie. "Okay, okay. So what happened was . . . "

🌸

Ben stood confused. Claudia had shut the door in his face and he didn't know what to do. Edward was in the car giving him a thumbs up. That definitely wasn't helping. Ben walked back to Edward's car and got in the passenger seat.

"I don't think she's happy to see me," Ben said.

"She's getting ready, don't worry!" Edward laughed, not wanting to worry Ben. Truth was. . . Edward didn't know if Claudia would be mad at him for bringing Ben to her home. Technically, he thought it was a good idea since they couldn't stop talking about each other.
"Hey, why don't you go over to Miss Bradley's house over there. You see that old woman there with her tiny dog?"
He pointed to the woman across the street.

"Edward, that's a cat." replied Ben.

"Yeah, but from here it looks like a dog. A very cat like dog. Dog like cat . . . Anyways, Miss Bradley has a basket thing that women gift each other." Edward explained.

"Edible arrangements?" Ben guessed.

"So smart, Benjamin," Edward grinned. "That edible arrangement is for Janis. Do me a favor and pick it up."

"And what are you doing?"

"I have a gift for my mom and Janis in the trunk. I have to get it out. Just go, it'll be quick. Miss Bradley isn't much of a people person."

🌸

"But Miss Bradley loves having people around!"

Edward nodded again. "I know." He innocently said.

"He's going to be there for hours! That woman talks until she falls asleep," Claudia had enough and walked out of the kitchen to rescue Ben from Miss Bradley's talkative self.

But Edward knew she was coming back. Claudia went back into the kitchen demanding an answer.

"What's your plan? I'm assuming you have one." Claudia waved her finger in Edward's face.

"No plan whatsoever, teach. I have nothing." Edward grinned.

"I don't believe you." She glared.

"Then don't, professor." replied Edward.

"I know you have something planned."

"And that's where you're wrong, Miss Donovan."

Then Janis came in. "What the fuck are you two losers staring at? Did Claudia insult your Pokemon card collection?"

An: PrinceCaspiansToe thanks for motivating me to put out another chapter! <3 this is for you :)