chapter one hundred twenty six.

"How about this one? It has lace." Lucy said as she looked at a white wedding dress on the mannequin. When it came to being honest, Lucy was the right person to tell it like it is. She did warn Claudia that she always told the truth so she apologized in advance if she somehow ended up hurting the blonde woman's feelings.

"I don't like the sleeves. Do you think it should be strapless or-"

"One time my cousin had a strapless dress and all my aunts were talking shit about her. They were literally betting on how long it would take for the top part of her dress to fall," Lucy said as she looked through the big poofy dresses. "Are you a princess dress kind of girl?"

"Uh . . . I'm not sure?" Claudia had only been invited to a handful of weddings. She quickly realized that she attended more school dances than weddings. Whenever say yes to the dress came on, she would turn the tv off because she couldn't handle the annoying people on the show who clearly wanted attention.

Soon enough, the shop owner, Jess, came over with several wedding magazines. Jess had been a friend of Lucy's family for several years. She actually designed a wedding dress for Lucy's cousin, which took place not too long ago.

"So what do you envision yourself in?" Jess asked Claudia.

"Nothing too over the top really."

Jess tried her best to find dresses that matched Claudia's vibe. Lucy was too busy looking at the mannequins with simple slip dresses. When Jess came back with three dresses, Lucy offered to help Claudia put it on.

In the dressing room, Lucy adjusted the back of the dress as Claudia looked at herself in the large mirror. Her hair was in a messy updo since she had just come back from running a few errands. After she finished with the back of the dress, Lucy grabbed a veil Jess had picked out.

"The finishing touch," Lucy placed the veil in Claudia's hair. "What do you think?"

Claudia smiled at her reflection. It was just the first dress and she was already having a hard time picking her choice. Janis refused to attend the dress appointment. She wanted to save her reaction when the actual wedding day came. No matter what Claudia said, Janis said no. So Claudia went with Lucy since she was always honest. And that's what Claudia needed, honesty.

"I think . . . I think we're going to be here for hours. Do you think this one makes me look short?" Claudia asked.

"A little, but you always look short when you stand next to a giant like Ben." Lucy nodded.

"So we keep looking. I hate this part." Claudia sighed.

"Good thing I love this part. My inner thoughts come out and no one can say anything because deep down they know I'm right."

What felt like eternity of trying on dresses was actually just two hours. Claudia felt like she was never going to find the right dress. She was proven wrong when she spotted the most beautiful dress she had ever seen in Lucy's hand.

She was back again in the dressing room. As Lucy zipped up the dress, Claudia wiped away a small tear from the corner of her eye. She had finally found the right dress for her. It was everything she ever dreamed of.

"Holy shit, wait till Ben sees you. He'll faint. Oh my god, I have to have my phone ready when that happens. I can show that to your kids!" Lucy smirked.

Claudia twirled several times in the white gown, laughing to herself as she did. Then she took Lucy's hands and together, the two women danced to imaginary music.

"And they lived happily ever after." Lucy said in a crappy British accent.

"I hope." Claudia whispered.

An: plot twist I do a sequel but it's about claudia and ben's kids 🤪💅🏼 jk

Unless??