chapter eighty two.

New email from Henryhoward123@gmail.com

Good morning,

I hope you are doing well. If you have a moment, I would like to speak with you today at 10:30 AM. I know today is a short notice and i assume you already have plans, but it is urgent. I apologize for disturbing you at this time, more specifically on summer break.

Thank you and I'll be seeing you shortly.

It would be very much appreciated if you bring your ID and classroom keys.

Sincerely,

Principal Howard

Claudia read over the email several times. She texted the rest of the english teacher if they had gotten an email from the principal too, but they all replied with a no. She didn't even try texting Garrett. She was currently mad at him and hoped that he wasn't the one that had anything to do with her kid's essay being on the floor.

As Ben came back from filming, he was surpised to see Claudia grabbing her keys, wearing her teacher's ID around her neck. "It's summer . . ."

"I know, but my boss sent me an email saying I have to go, didn't explain much, but he wants me to take my ID and keys. I hope it isn't anything bad." Claudia frowned, walking out the door with Ben by her side. As she got closer to her car, Ben hurried and opened her car door for her.

"Relax, he probably wants to tell you how great you are at your job or give you a bigger classroom." Ben assured her as she got into her car.

"Wwhatever it is, I'm still scared," she frowned, but was caught off guard when Ben placed a quick kiss on her lips, "I'll never get tired of that,"

Ben chuckled, making sure he didn't hurt Claudia as he closed the car door for her. "Good. Because I really love kissing you."

Claudia blushed. "I'll be right back, we're making ice cream sandwiches when I come back by the way!"

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

Once Claudia parked in front of the school, she got her keys and ID, then kept thinking on why Howard wanted to meet with her. She didn't do anything wrong, not that she knew of anyways.

As she got to the main office, the ladies at the fromt desk stared at her. It was like they knew something she didn't.

Claudia went up to the desk. "Howard told me to come in, said it was urgent." She said.

One of the receptionists, Melissa, walked towards the back where Howard's office was, seconds later both the receptionist and the principal appeared.

"Ms. Donovan, thank you for coming in. I apologize for taking away your time, but like I said this is urgent." Principal Howard led her to his office.

Claudia had that feeling that many students had when they were sent to the principal's office. They felt scared, awkward, nervous and curious. Right now, Claudia felt all those emotions.

Claudia sat in the leather chair in front of Howard's desk. Once they were both seated, he sighed deeply. "How's your mother?"

She blinked. "My mother?"

"Yes, how is she? I haven't seen her in years. I was the vice principal when she was in school. Last time I saw her was at graduation when she got her diploma. Didn't think that would ever happen, if I'm being honest. I thought she would drop out freshman year. She wasn't the brightest. "

Claudia nodded. It was one thing to talk about Janis, but she wasn't going to let her boss talk about her mom like she was some dumb teenager.

"Well, my mother is great. Her life is great, she has a great job, great life and most importantly she still hates this school." Claudia said. It was no secret about it. If Janis Donovan had the chance to burn the school down, she would've taken it. (Still, it doesn't mean she didn't try at least once.)