chapter seventy one.

Janis entered the kitchen with Edward by her side. Lara was still holding the frozen peas to her face, Nate was looking at the baby pictures stuck on the fridge door. "I'll listen." Janis said.

"No violence?" Lara questioned.

Janis tried so hard to say yes, but she couldn't. So she just nodded her head.

"I'm still proud of you." Edward whispered to Janis when he saw how nervous she looked.

Nate watched the couple. And the only thought he had was how happy Janis was. That made him happy. Nate stopped looking at the pictures and faced the woman. "And I'll explain everything."

Janis turned to Edward. "You want to stay? I'm fine with it."

"No, this is for you. I have to pick up Layna from book club. She's spending so much time with friends I didn't even know she had. That's good," Edward explained. He glanced at Lara and Nate then placed a kiss on Janis' forehead. "Lovely too meet you both or whatever." Edward said as he left to pick up his daughter.

Once they heard the front door close, Janis took a seat at the dinner table. "Sit," she pointed at the chair across from her, keeling her eyes on Nate. "so, what's the whole story?"

Lara placed the bag of peas down and sat back. "For starters, this all happened because of Nate's bitch parents and their ultimate dislike for the Janis Donovan."

"What else is new?" Janis sighed. "No offense Nate, but your parents were the worst. Your brother and sister were the only good thing they ever did."

"Yeah, Kim and Luke. I haven't seen those little shits in years," Nate said sadly. "But I'm here to say sorry even though you deserve better. So I'll explain everything."

"Good." Janis replied.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

In the Stratford household, Kim Stratford was scrolling through her emails while her two kids quietly did their homework. In the kitchen, her husband was having a conversation with her parents.

"And I said, well why can't you do it? There's a reason I'm your boss." Kim's husband, Roger, laughed making his way into the dining room with Anne and Henry Stratford.

"Those idiots have to know their place." Henry confidently said.

"Henry, not in front of the children," Anne scolded. "Finish your homework kids. Oh, I just know you'll turn out as smart as your beautiful mother." She placed a kiss on each kid's head.

"Gross." Ten year old Emmeline, who preferred to go by Emmy, mumbled once her grandmother had diverted her attention elsewhere.

"Cooties." Her younger brother, Harry, smirked.

"Shut up!" Emmeline threw her pencil at Harry.

"Woah, hey guys! Stop it!" Roger tried to get them to calm down, but nothing worked. The siblings were still arguing. That was until Kim intervened.

"Hey!" She shouted, slamming her hand on the table. "Finish your work then go to your rooms and get ready for dinner. Uncle Luke and Aunt Mila are coming over."

"Okay." Was all that was heard.

Roger stood amazed at what his wife had done. "That's all?" He looked at Kim.

"Yeah actually, spend a few days with your kids and you'll learn something." Kim grabbed her laptop and glared at Roger and her parents as she walked up the stairs to the upper floor that her room was on, well her old room anyway.

Once she got to her old room, Kim took out her phone and searched for her brother's phone number. Once she did, she pressed on his contact and pressed her phone to her ear. Several rings later, she heard Luke's voice.

"I'm on my way, dipshit, what do you want?" Luke asked annoyed.

"Very funny, shut the fuck up. I have something important to talk to you about. It's about Nate." Kim said in a low voice.

"Why do you want to talk about Nate? He left. Get over it." Luke said clearly wanting to talk about anything else, but his brother.

"He's here. He came back. I'm not sure where he is exactly, but he came back," Kim sounded hopeful.

"Kim, he's an ass. Forget about him, I did."

"He's our brother-"

"He left us! Did you forget?"

Kim was taken back. Luke had never spoken to her in that way. "I'm sorry. I didn't, but he's still my family. I'm going to see him, I don't care if you like it or not."

An: this is a nate's parents hate account