chapter fifty five.

Claudia was in the restroom. She looked at herself in the mirror, which was slightly cracked. She leaned against the sink, staring at her tear stained face. She mentally cursed when she realized she wasn't wearing waterproof mascara. To be fair, she didn't plan on crying. The restroom speaker played Roberta Flack's song, 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face', which made her current situation more depressing.

Her phone was blowing up with texts from Janis. She didn't feel like calling her mom since she knew that the second she heard her mom's voice, she would breakdown. So instead she sent Janis a text saying her and Ben were fine and to not worry. Janis responded back immediately with an 'okay'.

A soft knock on the restroom door caused Claudia to quickly wipe her tear stained cheeks, but the mascara stains were still there. The door opened to reveal Ben with his phone in his hand. He had just gotten off the phone with Edward. He was needed on set immediately to start filming 'The Punisher'.

"Claudia," he mumbled and stiffed his phone in his back pocket. "come here." He opened his arms out to her to hug her. That's what she needed. A hug from someone she trusted.

Claudia sighed deeply as she rested her head on Ben's chest. "I don't know what to do now, Ben." She mumbled.

"We'll figure something out," he was tall enough to place his chin on the top of her head. He stroked her blonde hair with one hand. "you need to rest. You're tired."

Claudia looked up at him. "I'm always tired. Tired of everything."

Ben saw the sadness in her eyes. A single tear rolled down her cheek so Ben grabbed a napkin and wiped it away.

"No matter what happens, I'll be here, okay? I'm not leaving." Ben told her. Truth was, Ben didn't plan on leaving her. She wasn't the Claudia he knew. She wasn't the happy, joyful, bubbly english teacher he bumped into several times. It was like she flipped a switch and that joy died.

"I don't know what to tell my mom. She doesn't know anything and she deserves to know everything," Claudia said. "she needs to know, Ben."

"I know she does, but telling her over the phone isn't the best decision, Claudia." He tucked a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Then what happens next?" She questioned.

"I don't know and I'm worried about that." Ben replied.

𓆩❤︎𓆪

Nate drank another shot of vodka then poured another. Lara watched him drink the shot from her spot at the table. Claudia was still in the restroom, then Ben left to go check on her. The two adults remained silent, the only thing that could be heard was the soft music coming out the speaker.

Lara finally grabbed the vodka bottle and took it away from Nate. She got up from her seat and put away the bottle. Nate stared at her as she put away the bottle. "What?" She questioned him.

"I'm just thinking how my daughter will forver hate me and I have to accept it," Nate said. "all because my stupid parents don't like her mom."

Lara sighed. "I know you left them, but your parents were going to ruin their lives more if you stayed."

"Lara, their lives were ruined when I left too. It didn't make a difference. I didn't see Claudia go to her first day of middle or high school, I didn't take her bowling or to the park, I didn't see her graduate college! Imagine if I was there for all that." Nate raised his voice, making Lara flinch.

"I get it, you didn't see your daughter grow up. But she's here now so do something right. We both need to explain to Janis and hope she doesn't throw a brick at both of us." Lara said knowing Janis was fully capable of throwing something worse than a brick.

"So what are you saying?" Nate asked.

"I'm saying we go back home. Back to Los Angeles." Lara crossed her arms over her chest.

"Back to Janis," Nate finished. "we are so getting something thrown at us."

Lara nodded. "Yup. Be thankful she's older now, maybe she won't able to pick up a desk to throw at you."

An: my dog ate my fucking chicken tenders and my mom called me lazy ugh i'm running away 🏃🏽‍♀️💨

anyways some milf janis content coming next chapter for ya <3