chapter sixty.

Janis felt like she couldn't breathe. Claudia tried to calm her, but nothing was working. Claudia's words were coming in one ear and out the other. But still Janis payed attention to her daughter.

"Claudia, please tell me what's going on. You're scaring me, just tell me." Janis pleaded as they stood across from each other in an empty hallway.

Claudia looked at the floor. "I did something. Maybe it's stupid or not. But I didn't know and I should've told you. I'm sorry," She looked up at Janis with a tear in her eye. "i found Lara, mom."

Janis didn't believe Claudia. It felt like a stab in the heart hearing her name once again. She didn't know if she was mad or grateful that she was finally going to get answers after years of knowing nothing. But she could never be mad at Claudia. She knew Claudia tried to do something to make her feel better. But all Janis felt was confusion.

"What? Honey, so you lied?" Janis grabbed ahold of Claudia's hand. "I'm not mad . . . I'm just shocked, that's all."

Claudia shook her head. "No, you don't understand. I made things ten times worse."

Janis chuckled. "What could possibly be more worse than finding my old best friend?"

"I found dad too."

Janis' smiled dropped. "That little shit."

"And they're here because I told them to so they could explain themselves. And now that I say that it sounds like I'm really demanding, but I promise they agreed to it!" Claudia explained quickly as she saw Janis start pacing. "Ma, please say something!"

Janis stopped and looked at Claudia. "What do you want me to say, Claudia? You found my old best friend and your dad in the same city. It's making my mind start to think and you know I hardly do that."

"That's why they're here. It makes it sound like kidnapped them, but i promise no crimes were committed."

"Not yet because I'm about to bash his brain in and dump his body in the river," Janis said angrily.

"Ma!" Claudia gasped.

"Fine! They're both going down. Have a lawyer on speed dial, this case is going to be made into a criminal minds season finale episode, two parter, just saying." Janis pointed a finger at Claudia. "Honestly, what the fuck! They left, stayed, I don't know?!"

Suddenly, one of Claudia's students came up to them. "Ms. Donovan?" He asked.

But both Claudia and Janis turned to him. "What?" "Yes, Evan?"

But Evan kept his attention on the unknown woman beside his teacher. "You're not Ms. Donovan." He said with a look of annoyance.

Janis looked at Claudia then back at Evan. "Is this kid serious? I am the original Ms. Donovan because my mother is nonexistent to me, got that? I will fight you right here and right now, kid, I am not in the mood to play."

"Evan, go enjoy the dance inside and pay no attention to my mom. Goodbye!" She waved to him as he left, wondering what was going on between the two women. "Honestly, Janis! You can't go around threatening to fight every high schooler you see!"

"These are high schoolers? I thought these little shits were in middle school. Even more reason to fight them, they already have experience! Now you tell me where Lara and Nate are right now,"

Claudia stopped Janis before she could start her search for Lara and Nate. "Woah, stop it right there! I made the mistake of telling you now and I'm sorry, I should have waited until we were home. But please don't kill anyone tonight. Let them explain, please. I promise you'll want to listen."

Janis sighed. "Okay, I'll listen. Anything for my dumb ass child that went to a different city and brought back two people I hate and lied about where she was going and hasn't kissed the british man that is in love with her."

Claudia laughed nervously. "Yeah,"

An: yeah <3

this is probably going to be the only update in a few days :( I haven't been feeling good recently and I'm just tired all the time, but like I promised I will publish my andrew fic soon but for now this is the only update you'll get sorry besties <3