chapter one hundred eleven.

The next day, Claudia called Ben. After several rings, he picked up. He sounded tired, like he didn't get any sleep at all. He spoke like he was drunk.

"Are you okay?" Claudia asked. It was an early morning so she assumed Ben had trouble sleeping.

"I am here. I'm alive!" She heard his muffled voice. "My eyes are awake, Claudia."

"Okay . . . Where are you?"

That's when she heard Ben and someone else fight over the phone. Seconds later, she heard Lucy's voice. "Hey, miss teacher, he's at my house. He came over yesterday then got a killer headache, gave him some medication and now he's being an annoying jerk and he won't leave my bed."

"Do you want me to go over? Maybe try to get him out of bed and drive him to his apartment?"

"I'll text you my address. Don't know if he'll want to get up, but you can try. He's welcome to stay here until your mom's nerdy boyfriend wants him back on set. When he's here, my mom's nicer so that helps."

After ending the call, Claudia got a text a minute later with Lucy's home address on it. On her way out of Edward's house, she ran into the rest of her family watching 'Bewitched' on the TV.

"Where are you going, blondie?" Janis asked, feeding Edward more cosmic brownies. "Would you like to watch Tabitha turn that kid into a dog?"

Claudia grabbed her car keys from the coffee table. "I'll have to skip this one out, I'll be right back. I'm going to Lucy's." She gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and stole half of Edward's brownie.

"Lucy . . . We should watch I Love Lucy next." Layna said, adjusting the blanket over her body.

"But at some point we have to watch The Twilight Zone," Edward added. "Drive safe, blondie!"

"I love blondie. Debbie Harry is amazing." Claudia heard Janis say before she went out the door.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

Lucy handed Ben the remote control. The two friends layed beside each other watching random youtube videos on her TV, but they quickly got bored. They really didn't have anything else to do and the motivation to go out was out the window.

"What kind of videos do you watch? Top ten Judge Judy episodes?"

"Stop hating on my girl Judy and watchmojo. They're then only thing keeping me from throwing myself off the stairs " Lucy replied. "I can feel something crawling on my foot. That or you want to play footsie and we all know that you almost cried last time we played."

Ben scoffed at her words. "I did not. It's probably the crumbs you have all over your bed. Or the dead hamster you said you took great care of!"

"Shut up, I didn't purposely kill him. He would jump from my bed," Lucy nodded as she grabbed a blanket from the floor. "You know what, I think it is crumbs. Can you clean it?"

"Ew, no you trashy bitch."

"Everyday you're turning into me and I am over the moon about it." Lucy smiled to herself.

An: hello! hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night :) just wanted to update today since it's a very special one aka one year of this fic!! can't believe that claudia and ben's story is officially a year old. thank you for all the support, thank you for everything, honestly writing their story has been my favorite because it's a huge comfort believe it or not. it's been such a great time sharing these characters with all of you. thank you and love you so much !!