chapter one hundred twenty five.

Claudia looked through a wedding magazine that Janis had gifted her. She was currently in her unfinished classroom. She was done with bringing in her many boxes of decorations. Ben was supposed to help, but he was called last minute by a casting director. He apologized multiple times, but Claudia assured him that she was fine with working by herself. He offered to call Lucy, but she declined.

So here she was in her room looking at models in beautiful wedding gowns. She didn't think weddings were hard to plan. She hardly attended weddings. She just felt like her and weddings didn't get along since the last one she 'attended' didn't even end up happening.

Her phone began to ring so she closed the magazine to focus on her phone call. "Hello?" Claudia answered.

"How's the beautiful bride to be? Should I start my maid of honor speech before or after you tell your mom that the whole thing was a giant misunderstanding?"

"Didn't Ben tell you? It's real now. We decided that after you and Layna left." Claudia told Lucy.

Lucy proceeded to chuckle, but then stopped when she noticed how quiet Claudia had gotten. "You're not kidding?"

"Nope! I was looking at dresses."

"Holy shit. That idiot is actually getting married before me," Lucy choked on her water. "I mean real congratulations to the real couple."

"Then real thank you?"

"Yeah, I say stupid stuff all the time. Anyways, Ben wanted me over for dinner tonight, but I'm not going to make it. He isn't answering so I'm counting on you to forward the message. I have a date." She said confidently. It wasn't everyday someone asked Lucy Rodriguez out. Even she was surprised.

"Is it with a certain spidey?"

"You read my mind, Mrs. Barnes. See what I did there? I'm testing out your new name unless you're going to make him take your last name, but honestly Claudia Barnes sounds way better in my opinion. But you do you, love ya and have a great day. I'm going on a date with freaking Spider-man!" Lucy hung up the phone call once she finished her rant.

Claudia put down her phone, laughing at what she just heard. She really liked hanging out with Lucy. She never had any friends that stuck with her after high school. They all moved away or stopped talking to her. Sure, her co-workers invited her out to eat or to celebrate someone's birthday, but if Claudia was being honest, she didn't really enjoy it. Her co-workers usually talked about their family, exam season or their upcoming vacation plans.

With Lucy, Claudia could actually have a conversation and enjoy it. Lucy always joked with Ben that maybe her and Claudia were the real couple instead. Lucy grew up with brothers so she wasn't exactly having sleepovers with her girl friends when she was younger.

Claudia's train of thought was interrupted by a text message appearing on her phone screen.

Lucy
Are you free this weekend? I know a great shop that sells beautiful wedding dresses. My grandma is friends with the owner so I'm positive we can get a discount. ❤

"Lucy, I love you so much right now."

An: HAPPY MAY 4TH EVERYONE!

but that also means it's claudia's birthday so happy birthday to my number one girl <3 love u and sorry for putting you through some shit
😗✌🏼

also no spoilers for multiverse of madness here!! i'm going on friday and i'm not a fan of people spoiling movies for anyone so i won't post any on here :) don't be an asshole, dont spoil movies!!