chapter eighty eight.

"So you punched him? Did you make him bleed?"

Ben was clearly entertained by the story Claudia was telling him. While Kim and Nate talked alone in the living room, Nate had sent Claudia to her room like a child being grounded. While she waited, she thought it was the perfect time to tell Ben about her recent father daughter bonding time with Nate.

"Bloody nose! My knuckle kind of hurts, I've never punched someone before, I liked it. Does that make me a bad person?" Claudia asked, sitting on her bed.

"Depends on who the person you're punching is. Garrett? Deserved it. So, what's next? Are you going to the school board, explain all the shit that's going on and get your job back?"

If she was being honest, Claudia didn't think it through. She didn't even think of going to the school board. For the past week, her only thought was getting back at Garrett. She did want her job back, most importantly she wanted her kids back. She would do anything to see them again.

"I'll figure something out. I want things to change. I get fired for being a good teacher while a fucking man who thinks tutoring is worthless is in charge. Total bullshit." She said.

She stared at her phone screen since she was on a facetime call with Ben. He was dome filming for the day. She could tell he was exhausted, but all he wanted to do was talk to her.

"I know you're going to get your job back." Ben said with a smile.

"I hope so. Mom can't pay the bills on her own. And we still have to go to London, maybe even a small trip to Paris, Greece or Italy? Poland? The Netherlands?" Claudia suggested. They were all places she dreamed of going.

"I'll take care of you."

Claudia chuckled lightly. "Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

"I'm being serious. I know you love your kids, but don't you ever want to spend time away from work? We can go visit my parents in London, go to all the places you said and even more. Just you and me. I'll take you wherever you want to go, just us." Ben's words replayed in her mind. That sounded nice, way too nice actually.

"Why do I have a feeling you bought tickets for London behind my back?"

"What? I totally did not buy tickets to London behind your back. No, that's ridiculous. Your mom was there when I bought them."

Claudia literally choked on air.

"When did that happen!? Who payed? And can we meet Prince Harry?"

"I bought them the day you were going to tell Janis and I tried telling you that she already knew. Don't even think about paying me back and as for Harry . . . No." Ben said with a smirk.

"That's disappointing. My first time going to London and I don't get to meet Harry, refund the tickets, it's not worth it."

Benbarnes: watch out, Claudia is taking on London soon

Benbarnes: watch out, Claudia is taking on London soon. The city isn't ready for her or her tons of books she's going to end up buying.

Lucyrdz: say hi to your mum and dad for me, I just know they miss me. Tell them their favorite daughter is coming home soon.

Benbarnes: lucyrdz I'll tell them to lock the doors 😁

Claudiadonovan: WHY THIS PICTURE I DON'T LIKE IT

Claudiadonovan: omg i just realized the dress I'm wearing in the pic is lost brb going to find it so I can wear it during our trip to London!

Benbarnes: claudiadonovan hi you accidentally ended our call 😁

Lucyrdz: benbarnes stfu long legs go drink some tea

An: hey friends, I'm currently in quarantine since my mom tested positive for covid so I'm off from work so expect some more updates from me 😗✌🏼