Chapter 40. Midnight Stories

"I use to live in Juneau with my parents" he said looking in distant out of window,

"Parents" she replies listening him talking of his parents for the first time.

"Yeah, what you thought I fell from tree" he smiles sadly "Or I should say with my father, my mom.." he gulps down an cry "she left me going away to the place from no one comes back, when I was born, my father was the only one in my life, he loved me and I loved him, he worked in an firm but he always had time for me, we used to play together, cook together, cry together, laugh together, our family was small but it was perfect"

"Then why you left?" she asked her voice almost a whisper, as she keep staring at him, sitting on ottoman stools right in front of window.

"Then my adversity came to haunt me again, when I was 10, my father remarried, the women had a son of my age, he said she will love me like my own mother, but she never saw me as a son, I was more of a insect to her that must be smashed, my father started working thinking that now I have someone to take care of me.. She hated me every single moment the echo of her slaps still drums in my ear, I still fear the dark to where she used to lock me for hours all those terrible memories of childhood still haunt me whenever I think of her.. Then one day she proved in front of my father that I take drugs, my father annoyed from my mishaps, my rebel behaviour towards her thought that sending me to Anchorage to his friend would be nice, he sent me here to live with Harry Simon, Erik's father, I met Erik and we became friends or I should say brothers, my father at start provided me money but after few years he stopped that as well, fortunately I learnt to fix cars and started working moving out of Erik's house not wanting to be a burden on them, since then I'm on my own, but no matter how much I hide my pain it hurts that whenever I love someone they leave me, that's why I get sacred of the thought of losing you.. After a long time I have met a person for whom I wanna live my rest of the life.. but again thought of you going away scares me more than anything, I have bear many things in life but I can't bear being separated from you" he says looking in her eyes with tears.

Her eyes mirrors his tears, knowing about his past let her know everything, why he is scared of dark, it explains it all, she want to find that women and want to slap her, she made him suffer so much that the wounds she gave still hurts him, now she knows that his love for her is true, and if she'll leave him she'll never forgive herself.

"You asked so I told you though I don't believe in sharing things which I know will give agony" he said shaking his head to control his tears.

"You don't have to think me as a bottle, I can be ocean for you, you can pour every ounce of your pains in me" she spoke softly in her low voice.

Her words the depth of them like went touching him inside raising goosebumps, he kept looking at her before he could say anything she break the silence.

"Yeah I forgive you Troy, not because I sympathize you but because now I can see the picture more clearly and I Love You" saying she closes the distance between them, landing her lips on his in and delicate kiss which took him in shock,

He was not expecting it after what he did but feeling her soft lips on his, he starts kissing her back showing his feeling moving his lips over her sweet ones, breaking the kiss he boars in her eyes "I'm sorry Erika this was the last time I did something to hurt you I would never do anything that'll make you cry" saying he wipes a tear from her eyes.

"I know you won't after all I was not the only one crying you were also weeping in my pain" saying she joins their foreheads together.

He embraces her in his arms kissing her temple.

"I Love You" she speaks feebly, feeling save in his arms around her petite form.

"I Love You more than everything" she snuggles in him.