Chapter 42. The Promise

"Good Morning beautiful" Troy whispers in her ears.

His raspy sleepy voice sounds like a velvety melody to her she hums in reply.

"Wake up it's your birthday" he says again, that goes in vain as she does not wake up but snuggles up to him more.

After protesting a bit like a child she opens her eyes looking at him.

"Good Morning Happy Birthday" he chimes again.

"Morning, Thank You" she speaks in sleepy voice.

"You always look this beautiful in morning" he sides her locks from her face.

"Shut up I know I look like a zombie right now, it's too early Troy I think we should sleep a little more" she says with puppy eyes, not wanting him to leave.

"I would love to but I don't think so your brother will like me here like this" he points at his shirtless self.

"Okay and yeah it was the most peaceful sleep I had in long time, you are very cuddly feels like you are filled with jellybean" she removes her arm from him

He chuckles "Happy Birthday, I'll come at ten to pick you up"

"Where?" wide eyed in excitement she asks.

"Surprise" he puts on his shirt and jacket.

"Promise me you won't do something stupid like last night" saying she sits.

"Promise Love You" he gives her an tender kiss on her lips.

"Love You too" she watches him leave silently from window without making any noise, looking at her stupid lover she smiles thinking about him, falling on her pillow sleeping again.

Erika looks at herself in mirror, her maroon solid sweater and black jeans suits her pretty much and is totally comfortable, applying her gloss she smiles at her reflection.

Ethan knocks her door, she tells him to come in, he gets in wearing suit shirt and expensive looking black coat ready for work, "Happy Birthday babysis" he opens his arms.

She hugs him tight "Thank You brother" she grins.

"So ask whatever you want I'll make your every wish come true" he looks at his only sister lovingly.

She really want him to tell about Troy but she scares of his reaction, he may look like sweet guy but he is very aggressive as well, she have seen him how he glares at the guys who stares at her, it almost seems like he'll kill them "No brother I don't want anything"

"My little sister don't want anything but I'll give her something" saying he brings out an small beautifully wrapped box.

She looks at it with curiosity.

"Open it" he urges her smiling.

She opens it up and finds beautiful shining diamonds earrings in it, an paper flower single drop earring with an aquamarine gemstone engraved in middle surrounded by diamonds, she is in awe in beauty of it.

"Liked it?"

"Loved it Thank You so much brother it's so beautiful" she hugs him.

"Anything for my babysis" he strokes her head gently "Dad also bought you a dress though he won't be able to come in evening he have an seminar and conference"

She knew that he is not interested in her birthday and the things you knew saves you from getting hurt. She nods.

"Okay now come downstairs and have breakfast" saying he leaves.

Putting her gift in her cupboard she goes downstairs, she turns to kitchen and bumps with the last person she wanted to see "You?"

"Yeah me" he says amused by her, leaning against the wall.